Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss Current Pin Values in the Disneyana forums; This questions is for all you pin fanatics. Is there a place you can find the current value of a certain pin? Thanks for any help....
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Current Pin Values

This questions is for all you pin fanatics. Is there a place you can find the current value of a certain pin?

Thanks for any help.

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    Values of pins, or any collectible, fluctuate on a daily basis. Final selling bids on ebay can give you some indication, but the pin has to be available for sale in order to judge its value. The old adage, "It's worth what somebody is willing to pay for it." fits for most pins.
    There's only one guide I'm familiar with for pin values, and it becomes dated very quickly, and that's Tomart's Disneyana Guide to Pin Trading, which I think is in its 4th edition and can be purchased at WDW. You can get more info at their website: http://www.tomart.com

Well, this makes an even 1000!!!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    James... Congraulations on your 1000th post!!!!

(just dying to use that smilie)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Thanks for the info James.

And congrats on 1000

JackSkellington is offline A-Ticket holder
    Dzneynut is right. Only a select few pins stay about the same price. That would be the common, open stock/rack pins. But any LE pins can range from $5-$50. It depends on the rarity, character, and size of the pin. LE CM (Limited Edition Cast Member) pins are probably the best pins to add to a collection. One, because they are LE. And because ONLY CM's could buy the pin. Those are probably the most expensive. Also the older and newest pins relesaed I have personally seen to be the most expensive. But pins over time either get more expensive, or lose thier "initial" value. It really depends on the collector. I have noticed that Stitch, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tower of Terror, pins are extremely popular and therefore expensive. My advice is to try and buy them from the theme park for the $6.50-$10.50 because for a pin that will probably be the least expensive price to pay. (With exception to most non LE pins)
    'Twas the Nightmare Before Christmas and all through the house,
    not a creature was peaceful,
    not even a mouse,
    The stockings all hung by the chimney with care,
    When opened that morning would cause such a scare,
    The children, nestled all snug in their beds,
    would have nightmares of monsters and skeleton heads.

mlmullins is offline A-Ticket holder

WWTBAM-PI Pins

Anyone have any ideas on the values of the Millionaire-Play It! pins [up to a million]? I've never seen them up for sale anywhere, and I was wondering what they might go for? I've looked in lots of places, but never seen anything above the 1000 point pin.

Thanks!
    Matt

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    try checking right by were they play the game at MGM at one of the nearby stores maybe they caring them

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    The best place to check the prices for the WWTBAM pins is by doing a closed auctions search on ebay.

My friend sold pins and prizes that were up to $250K for over $175 once, but that was a few years ago.
    Lisa

"No capes!"