Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss Pin repair in the Disneyana forums; My daughter's new Expedition Everest pin (a silvery-blue postcard style) has broken. I found her lanyard strap on her bedroom floor, and the actual pin shaft had come off of ...
    MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder

Pin repair

My daughter's new Expedition Everest pin (a silvery-blue postcard style) has broken. I found her lanyard strap on her bedroom floor, and the actual pin shaft had come off of the Everest art -- and the pin shaft was still in the locking clasp. It basically came apart at the solder or glue point.

Should I try to use super glue to repair this, or does something else work better?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Super glue or something calld Gorillia glue would probably work. I don't know of I would take the chance of wearing it though. My kids have a felt covered corkboard in their rooms for displaying pins. One other repair thought...check at the craft store in the jewlery making section they may have something.
    Maggie

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    If it is just the straight part of the pin post that has broken off, then you would need to remove the base that is still attached to the pin itself before you attempt a repair.

If the post including the base is what fell off (common occurence for pins that are worn and tugged at alot) - you can use either E6000 glue or a product called JBWeld. E6000 is great if you plan on just putting the pin into a pin book or bag and do not plan to use it alot. JBWeld will create a much stronger bond on back for lots of use.

I have used both of these products many many times, please feel free to post further questions, or you can even PM me if you wish.

Good Luck!!
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I'd say weld or glue it.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    I'd say weld or glue it.
    Sounds exactly like what I just said
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I know, but he wanted advice, so another person would back up what you said!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!