Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss couple of questions in the Disneyana forums; 1 question i heard you can some CMs only trade with kids under 12, was wondering what color lanyard they wore. 2 question I'm hoping to buy about 10-15 new/used ...
    AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder

couple of questions

1 question i heard you can some CMs only trade with kids under 12, was wondering what color lanyard they wore.
    2 question I'm hoping to buy about 10-15 new/used pins to trade. before my last trip i had 20 or so tradeable pins, but i must seem aprochable because by the end of the week i was down to 4, almost all of my pins went to kids, because seeing their faces when they get a new pin is so cool. I want to do it everytime i go, but I can't afford to pay 100 for 10 or so pins. While i do trade some, mostly i give them away.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    1. I'm pretty sure that all Cm's trade with all ppl.
    2. Ann, go to the DVC open houses to look at the rooms at Saratoga Springs, and when you ask about it, they'll give you free pins. Last time, although we are DVC members, I got about ten of them!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnF
    1 question i heard you can some CMs only trade with kids under 12, was wondering what color lanyard they wore.
    Cast members that wear Green lanyards can trade only with children. They will trade for any licensed Disney pin - as long as they are not already wearing it on the lanyard.

2 question I'm hoping to buy about 10-15 new/used pins to trade. before my last trip i had 20 or so tradeable pins, but i must seem aprochable because by the end of the week i was down to 4, almost all of my pins went to kids, because seeing their faces when they get a new pin is so cool. I want to do it everytime i go, but I can't afford to pay 100 for 10 or so pins. While i do trade some, mostly i give them away.
    Best way to attain inexpensive trading pins is to search ebay for pin lots - usually you can find auctions out there with 15-20 pins in them for around $2 to $3 per pin (much cheaper than the prices you pay for rack pins) Just search "Disney Pin Lot" and you should be able to find quite a few auctions to pick through.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

ldsmom@Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

Character Outlet

I want to do it everytime i go, but I can't afford to pay 100 for 10 or so pins. While i do trade some, mostly i give them away.
    The first time we visited WDW, we went to the Character Premier Outlet before going to the parks. We picked up a dozen pins for less than $30.00 and then took our "Ugly Bug" (Hopper) pins to the park to trade for ones that we liked. It was WAY cheaper than even some of the lots on eBay.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Go to your hotel's Pin Rotary. There they will usually have pins ranging from all prices.

If not, go to Epcot or Downtown Disney. There they have enormous pin centrals where you can buy the most expensive, shiny, slidy, twisty, extendable, etc. pin ever! Or, a cute little princess pin for a cheap price.

But one thing they really have to do, is lower prices for pins. I'm sorry, but I don't pay more than $4 for a pin with a special function (sliding, pop up, shaking)
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    I'm sorry, but I don't pay more than $4 for a pin with a special function (sliding, pop up, shaking)
    LOL - you must not have alot of pins then!!! Basic rack pins ( pins with no bells or whistles and that are not limited in production) start at $6.50 each.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!