Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss What do you think about my pin collection plan? in the Disneyana forums; I was thinking of finally getting into collecting pins.. I was going to limit myself to one particular series of pins... I was thinking of collecting Star Wars Weekends pins, ...
    dxer07002 is offline Fastpass Holder

What do you think about my pin collection plan?

I was thinking of finally getting into collecting pins.. I was going to limit myself to one particular series of pins... I was thinking of collecting Star Wars Weekends pins, pins about the attractions in WDW, as well as certain character pins and Walt Disney pins.. What do you guys think? Where can I get started? I am new to this.....
    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    If you make frequent trips to the parks and are interested in trading you can just go on ebay and find people who sell pins cheap for trading purposes.
    15 Trips in 20 Years!!

Port Orleans Contemporary Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Yacht and Beach Polynesian
    All Star Movies

Can't Get Enough:

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    That's a good idea. I stick to general pin categories.

I collect attraction pins only. They're my favorite.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It's a good plan. I only collect Stitch pins...unfortunately there are WAY too many pins with him on them!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Sticking to a theme definitely helps keep it under control. I'm working on pins from resorts I've stayed at, tours, and special events. Even with those guidelines there will be some that are just too cute or cool to pass up or that were free. Some of those end up as traders.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That's a good plan, but if you're just starting out, you may want to focus on one particular theme to see if it's something you truly enjoy (that was my mistake - I went rather insane on pins and then realized I had nothing that worked together!).

Myself, I focus on Lilo & Stitch pins, Resort pins, and Attraction pins. I've got a few annual passholder pins, but the ones they've offered this year haven't really caught my eye. It's a fun (expensive at times) hobby, but you meet some really cool people. Always be on the lookout for gold lanyards on CM's - they've gotta trade with you, and sometimes they've got some really neat pins that aren't made anymore.
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario