Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Pin Trading Discuss christmas tradition... first pin? in the Disneyana forums; So my family has a tradition about god-parents. On Christmas the godparent (along with giving kids all the regular presents) gives their godchild some special collectible type thing each year. ...
    rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

christmas tradition... first pin?

So my family has a tradition about god-parents.

On Christmas the godparent (along with giving kids all the regular presents) gives their godchild some special collectible type thing each year.

My godmother always gave me some sort of Phantom of the Opera trinket. One of my sisters got coins. One sister got those big white bears from that shopping center, one cousin always got something ballet related, etc.

So this is my first Christmas as a godmother and I decided that I would give Disney pins to my little godson.

I've been looking around on the net... and I'm overwhelmed. I don't know what pins would be good starting pins... or what way to keep these pins safe (a book of some sort? a display board?).

Suggestions???
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

figment'smoose is offline E-Ticket Holder
    a few thoughts (seeing as i'm surrounded by pins all day long)

right now we have what are called magical milestone pins, and there is one for every year starting in 1971, you could get him the one of his birth year, or we have some YOMD pins that you could get since that is the year you started and then you could get a pin of each "campaign," there are always the year pins, or if you wanted to pick a certain character or theme to go with.

as far as keeping them, we have a binder that has pages to put pins on, we have bags that look kind of like laptop bags that have pages to put pins on, we also have miniature versions of these bags, we have an easel that folds into a carrying case type thing and, my two personal favorites are: a picture frame that has foam type stuff around it that is made to display pins around a picture (then you could change the picture every year as well and keep the old ones behind and he'd always have pictures of the two of you together), and we have a mickey figurine thing that holds a little cork board that you can put pins into.

i personally keep mine on a regular bulletin board i bought at target, and i met a guest who bought three embroidery hoops, two small and one larger, whe put black velvet in them and glued them into a mickey and put her pins through the velvet.