Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss P&P for pet chinchilla in the General Discussions forums; Hi....I've had a pet chinchilla for 10 years now...and he is an adorable angel. He really has meant a ton to our family and has brought us a huge amount ...
    yoda_5729 is offline A-Ticket holder

P&P for pet chinchilla

Hi....I've had a pet chinchilla for 10 years now...and he is an adorable angel. He really has meant a ton to our family and has brought us a huge amount of joy. He's having a drooling problem which means he is having a tooth problem which is very serious to Chinchillas. He's going to the vet this week, but I'm fearful about the overall outcome, as he's my little munchkin. His name is chilly and he's been a great friend and pet. Every day when I arrive home I always go over and say hi, and he jumps out of his house to see how I am. He even taught himself to ride a washcloth down a ramp like a sled, the washcloth being something he enjoys playing with. This is the first pet outside of fish we've ever had....and so I'm really, really nervous for him.

Thanks in advance, and I wish all who come to these boards good health for themselves and their families and friends...and of course, their pets

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Hope everything went ok for you pet
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    awww poor thing i hope he gets better. prays and lots of pet pixie dust is coming your way.
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    He sounds like a cute pet! Prayers and Pixie dust headed your way

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    aww chinchillas r so cute! I hope he gets better!!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

yoda_5729 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you all...I appreciate your good thoughts....he went to the vet and she said she could file the teeth down a bit and that would solve the problem......we were overjoyed and on cloud nine......but then he got sick...........sadly, when we took him to the vet today, she said she'd need to hospitalize him, and while putting him under....he stopped breathing. He was a great pet....and one of the best buddies I could have ever had. I really, really miss him....and everything was looking so good. I hope he's someplace where he'll never need or want anything, and never be in pain......maybe someday I'll see him. Sorry to vent the bad news here.......but you all have been very sweet and nice to me. We got another one, and will love him and his unique personality no matter what,justlike we did Chilly.....but nothing will EVER replace Chilly..........we decided to cremate him and will always have the remains so he'll always be here. As I siad in my first post, this is the first real cuddly pet we've ever had....and I'm taking it really hard.....I may post a few pictures later if I get the time and anyones interested..........but thank you from the bottom of my heart......and I'll always love my little munchkin chilly.I'm already missing him
    Last edited by yoda_5729; 04-10-2007 at 01:44 AM.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    So sorry to hear of the outcome, I know your pain, I have lost several pets and they were truly part of our family. Good Luck with your new chinchilla .
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Pets become a big part of your family, and I hope you have lots of fun times with you new pet.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers and pixie dust are with you and your family!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!