Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Prayers & Pixie Dust for A Long Time DWT Member in the General Discussions forums; ...... Me. I know many of you have noticed I've not been around much but when I am it seems I'm into everything and on all day. Well, I'm going ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Prayers & Pixie Dust for A Long Time DWT Member

...... Me.

I know many of you have noticed I've not been around much but when I am it seems I'm into everything and on all day. Well, I'm going through a medical thing right now and it's time to share. The days I'm not around are usually because I'm having some sort of tests or emotional stress. The days I am it's usually to keep my mind off all this crud.

A few weeks ago my doctor found a lump on my thyroid. After an ultrasound it was discovered to be a very large cold mass of tissue (cold means it could be cancer). Friday morning I went for a biopsy and I'm waiting on the results.

Thyroid cancer is very treatable. In the very worst cases they can completely remove your thyroid and maintain your hormonal balances with medication so I'm sure I'll be ok. We of course don't know that it's cancer yet but the chance is very high.

Please everyone send prayers and pixie dust my way and to my family who are all very concerned and stressed. We will hopefully have the results of the biopsy in the next few days.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Jenn, you know that you have tons of support coming your way. I knew you had been worried about something and I was hoping it wasn't something as serious as this. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Take care of yourself.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Jenn,
    I will keep you in my thoughts and Prayers... Please know we are all here for you and will continue to keep you in our thoughts and Prayers!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Jenn, i'm sending you all of my thoughts and prayers to you...Thank GOD, that you caught it when you did.... You'll be okay, keep your head up, and know that your DWT family are here for you.....
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Lots of pixie dust from me to you.
    You and I may not know each other as well, but we are all family here. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers and wish you the best of luck.
    My old boss had to have her thyroid removed- she took medication and for the most part was very fine. I'm not sure if the crabbiness was a side effect or just her natural personality.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    My old boss had to have her thyroid removed- she took medication and for the most part was very fine. I'm not sure if the crabbiness was a side effect or just her natural personality.
    LOL!!! Well I don't know her but I can tell you that the research I've done thus far has said that it sometimes takes months to regulate the hormone after a thyroidectomy and it can make you incredibly moody and emotional.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC

Thinking of you & your family, knowing a little of how stressful any illness can be as I,m also having a stressful time with DH.......but things are getting better & I hope they will for you too xxxxx
    Last edited by disneylady; 10-15-2007 at 01:35 PM.

I Belle
    Maggie

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    We're all behind you Kiddo!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Good luck with everything, I work with a lady who's going through treatments for breast cancer and she is doing really well, hasn't slowed her down any. I strongly believe that your state of mind has a lot to do with the outcome, so stay positive as best you can.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Thoughts and prayers with you, and your family, Jenn!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    ALL the prayers & pixie dust the world can spare heading your way!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

wdwfan1313 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My wife just went through a very similar situation. Luckily in her case everything turned out well but it was very stressful. I know it must be hard but keep you spirits up and just see it as one lifes little reminders to live every day to it's fullest.

Praying!
    there's nothing to get hung about

genscrap is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lots of prayers coming your way! I have been there myself. Both my parents had thyroid tumors, one had cancer and the other not. I went through a biopsy several years ago for a lump on my thyroid. Waiting is hard and stressful. I hope you have good news! BTW, my mother zipped through surgery and radiation with almost no time down, only a little sore throat, and the cancer never returned. She is doing great on her meds. Let us know the results of your tests.

Best blessings!
    Debra

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Jen, know that the thoughts and prayers from me and every member of your family here at DWT are with you. What you have is very treatable as you said, and with the power of positive thinking you'll be just fine.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast