Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Almost Time for Surgery in the General Discussions forums; http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ns-cancer.html Surgery is this Thursday so wanted to put a thread out here to just let everyone know that I'll be away for at least few days. Soon as I ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Almost Time for Surgery

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ns-cancer.html

Surgery is this Thursday so wanted to put a thread out here to just let everyone know that I'll be away for at least few days. Soon as I can though I'll have my laptop in bed with me so I can pop on to tell everyone that I'm ok etc. etc. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and pixie dust you've sent thus far. I appreciate it bunches and bunches! I love my DWT family!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I hope all goes well on Thursday and we'll all be thinking of you!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Jenn
    I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself and know were are all here for you!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Keeping you in my thoughts as always Jenn. Speedy recovery!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Jenn,
    I hope everything goes well. I'll be thinking of you and wishing good thoughts.
    Last edited by mini-V; 12-04-2007 at 05:35 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Thoughts, prayers, and good wishes for you, Jenn.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Jenn,
    My family and I will be sending more prayers and pixie dust for you and your family. Can't wait to hear from you.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Good luck Jenn! I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way, best of luck!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and everybody here at DWT can't wait to talk to you after you recover.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Thank you so much everyone! I'll be sure to pop on as soon after the surgery as I can to tell everyone how it went!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Prayers and pixie dust from me too.. and especially to your doctors! Recover quickly please!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Surgery went well. I was brought into the operating room just about 9:00am Thursday morning and after taking a few deep breaths I was out. As it should be, the next thing I remember was waking up in recovery and asking to see my husband over and over. Apparently though, even though the woman next to me in recovery had her entire family with her, mine wasn't allowed to see me until I was in my room. I can only assume she had outpatient surgery and was leaving from recovery and that's why (??). Anyway... I was finally brought to my room a little after noon and got to see Bill and my father. I tried to eat lunch a few minutes later (just clear liquids) and what little I had made me sick to my stomach so.... a dose of phenagrin into my IV later... I was out again until about 4:00ish. By then Bill was tired of being in the hospital and wanted to go home. My plan was to call my dad to come get me around 8:00ish but a dose of pain killers later.... it was midnight and obviously way too late for that. So, long story short (too late), I spent the night in the hospital and got released about 9:00am yesterday.

I'm doing very well. I have a little soreness which is to be expected (duh) and I tire pretty quickly but other than that things are fine and dandy. The only real "side effect" I'm having is risidual from the tubes down my throat... I can't speak much at all. When I do have a voice the volume isn't much above a whisper... something I think Bill is rather enjoying (the smartass). They tell me that the nerves were fine in my throat however and that it is truly only a temporary thing from my breathing tube so I should be back to my loud mouth self within a few more days.

I just returned from heading out to Toys R Us with my father to get Aaron's Christmas shopping done which was fun. We then went to Sonic for lunch and I actually managed to whisper loud enough for the girl inside that little speaker to hear me... Woot!! I was going to continue on with the shopping fun with dad but suddenly about half way home I started to feel a bit of pain and decided my body was telling me to get home, take some more Lortabs and rest. So... that's what I'm doing. Well... sort of... I'm standing in my kitchen to type this but I did take the Lortabs. LOL!

So... thank you all again for your well wishes, thoughts and prayers! It looks like I'm on my way to a good and quick recovery and will be back to my normal self very soon. I'm not back to work until the 18th so I'm going to take this time to rest and get some things done around the house that I've been wanting to do. That and... the only thing holding this hole in my neck shut are some little pieces of tape (no stitches) so until they've been removed and I know I'm back together... I'll be taking it easy!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Glad to hear every thing went well Jenn!

When I had my back surdery I had the tape too.
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 12-08-2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: spelling
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast