Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Northern Illinois University Students in the General Discussions forums; It is so terrible to hear about things like this. Thank goodness you two are safe and my thoughts and prayers are with the worried and heartbroken families. My TV ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    It is so terrible to hear about things like this. Thank goodness you two are safe and my thoughts and prayers are with the worried and heartbroken families. My TV is covered with the story also (I live in IN but we are right on the IL border).
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Oh thank you! I am so relieved!!!! Thank you April for sending them emails.
    Thank you for letting us know you are all okay.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Deep sighs of relief. Prayers and pixie dust for all those involved.

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    Prayers and Pixie dust. it is sad when people start things like this..
    Hope everyone is okay
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I was so sad and Angry when I heard this news this morning. It is so sad to hear that some innocent people lost their lives. My thoughts and prayers go out to the students who lost their life because someone else was not thinking and decided to end other lives because of what they wanted. The one thing that angered me was that the shooter took their own life. In my opinion if you are Man/Woman enough to go into a place and decide people's life ending for them, You should definatly be Man/Woman enough to face the consequences. My prayers not only go to the victims but they go to the shooter as well. I pray that they know for the rest of their lives the pain that they put everyone's family through. I pray that the shooter can see the pain that the others went through when they shot them and know that God is with them all, including the shooter. Who knows what was going through their head when they did this, but I hope all the families will find peace soon.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Amen to that. By now I'm relatively sure the NIU students can figure out who the man was. They have not released name however some very identifying background information including work on paper, high honor student and winning an award for his Social Work while attending NIU. An U of I current Grad Student. Go Figure. They will release name within the hour. They state the suburb he is from and that is where my DH, DD and DS all work. It is a very stereotypical middle-class suburb, a great place to raise a family. Prayers to the families of the 7 students, the injured, all their families, friends along with all the students at NIU. It will be a long hour as my family, along with others awaits the name of the shooter. To close. So far I believe my DS has made contact with most of his buddies. Ugh. I can't imagine what these students are experiencing.

Good to hear from you too this morning Gabe- glad to hear your son's friends are accounted for. Pixie dust to your family too.

And very well put Stac.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Thank you...
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    They have released more information if anyone is interested. Northern Illinois University - Update on Campus Shootings
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Thanks Nick- when we were wondering about you guys I went there last night. I hope you guys as a University family get back up on your feet soon.

I hope so, I feel that we can come together and overcome this. The early images of students carrying wounded out of the building just demonstrates the courage of the student body. Again, thank you all for your kind words, although I do not know anyone directly affected by this tragedy, I am still shaken up and still kinda in shock that this could happen. I appreciate all of your support!
    -Nick

It's sounding like everyone else that was hospitalized is going to survive, thank god.
    -Nick

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Well that is a glimmer of good news. Make sure you take good care of yourself, it is a lot to take in, rattles your inners. It was pretty late here when we had everyone accounted for that we know that attends NIU. My 20 year old still rattled today, while he is in school in WI so many friends and former school mates up with you at NIU. Did you stay on campus or did you go home for the weekend? Many NIU's from here started filtering in this afternoon for the long weekend. Saw some of the pictures of the memorials, very sweet.

I don't live on campus, so yes I am at home and yet still sort of in shock that something like this happened. I see it on the news and I still need to stop and think "is this actually real". It's just alot to take in I guess.
    -Nick

Glad to see you are okay! I was thinking this was the school you attended. What a shame. My heart breaks for the families and students.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast