Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Northern Illinois University Students in the General Discussions forums; To all our Northern Illinois University members, please check in when you can! We want to know you are okay. If you have not heard that was a shooting at ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Northern Illinois University Students

To all our Northern Illinois University members, please check in when you can! We want to know you are okay.

If you have not heard that was a shooting at Northern Illinois University this afternoon with many injuries. I know that our member nicks10 is a student there, so please send prayers and pixie dust to all the students and staff at the college and hope that everyone is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedgabe
    Hi Disney Friends,
    There has been another College shooting here at Northern IL University in Dekalb around 3pm cdt. I cannot PM or e-mail still. Our buddy
    Nicks10 attends that university which is close to here and I wracking my brain trying to figure the Grad Student who just started there.
    Anyhow can someone who can use this Beta fully send a PM or E-mail to Nicks10 or start a thread 'cause I know we have multiple
    Disney Buds at that school, so we can shout out to them to see if they are OK, I'm hearing 3 dead, 18 shot many with head wounds.
    Campus on Lock Down. I would but beta won't let me. Northern is a stone throw from me.
    Thanks,
    Gabe
    Gabe made the above post in the random thoughts thread worrying about our members, so I wanted to added here for people to see who might not read random thoughts.
    Last edited by Stitch; 02-14-2008 at 06:21 PM.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Thanks for the assistance Stitch.

I believe the other Grad student is Illinibee if my memory is serving me correctly that is attending Northern IL U

Prayers to all.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I was thinking Illinibee was at U of I. I could be wrong.
    I just got home and you know it is all over our local news because I am only just over an hour away too.
    Yikes. This is just not fair. Please check in with us and let us know you are okay!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Actually I had this post/conversation with Illinibee, he was not at U of I, the Illinibee had caught my eye, the bee came from his undergraduate university
    found and old post now and he stated he is indeed a Grad Student of Northern Husky's.

Good to know but that confirms another person to worry about. Sadness.
    Where are you Gabe?

There are hotline numbers for parents rolling across the bottom of my screen. I wish I could call. But there are more important people who need to get through.

Would you all like me to email them?

Please. I am sure they are not even remotely thinking about checking in here. I probably wouldn't think about it. Would you just let them know we are thinking of them and praying they are safe?

Thanks April.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Thank you so much for making this thread, and yes I am fine, I did not have any classes today thank god (I have three classes in the room where the incident occured) I don't even really know what to say other than my prayers go out to the families and students affected by this tragedy. Thanks to all of you for your concern.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

We are so glad you are safe! Thanks for checking in!
    Last edited by Stitch; 02-14-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this hard time at Northern Illinois University. I was not actually on campus during this time, but my girlfriend was in class in the connected hall (DuSable Hall). There were some nervous minutes as I waited to hear back from her. I will keep you all updated. Once again I appreciate all of your concerns.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

Very relieved to hear you two are fine and your girl friend as well. My son is a student at a different university however has many friends at Northern as it is very much a commuter university from our area. Facebook is getting a good workout as they are all trying to make sure their friends are accounted for.
    A stressful time all the way around for so many. Hearts go out to all the students and families. Just listened to the press conference and the numbers have increased. So sad.

Cinderella2: (sorry still Beta problems) We are due West of Chicago In line with O'Hare airport. We are considered far western suburbs of Chicago. My sons BF commutes daily to NIU other friends are in dorms and apts.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-14-2008 at 09:52 PM.

Thank the Lord you are all okay. Many prayers for those who were hurt or who have lost loved ones!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast