Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss NASH - Non-Alchoholic SteatoHepatitis in the General Discussions forums; That's what we've discovered my uncle is afflicted with. It is a disease of the liver, which sometimes - as in the case of my uncle - results in Cirrhosis. ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder

Unhappy NASH - Non-Alchoholic SteatoHepatitis

That's what we've discovered my uncle is afflicted with. It is a disease of the liver, which sometimes - as in the case of my uncle - results in Cirrhosis. Unfortunately, because victims of this disease don't often exhibit symptoms until the later stages, we didn't find out until he was already in Stage 4 when he was diagnosed.

Now, he needs a liver transplant. Their best option for getting a successful donor liver is to list themselves in Florida (one of the 6 "regions" for transplants, apparently) in addition to their home area of Western Massachusetts. If and When they find themselves at the top of the transplant list, they will get a phone call - and immediately have to move to Florida to begin the treatments and transplant. They will be there a minimum of three months.

Obviously, this is a very difficult time for my family. We're doing what we can to keep spirits raised, but it's not easy. I try not to think about it when I'm posting here at DWT, but I'm failing at keeping this sadness from my Happy Place.

Warm thoughts and care are appreciated. If you'd like to learn more, my uncle and aunt set up a website to keep everyone informed of any new developments, and also to attempt to raise funds for their hopefully eventual need to move to Florida. My Family Matters

Thank you for your time, and for providing me a forum to express these unpleasant thoughts...

Don't lose hope! God works in mysterious ways.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We will keep positive thoughts coming your way
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thought's and prayer's coming to your family mritty.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thank you all, it's very appreciated.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Much P&P to your uncle & his family and to you & yours. Don't lose faith & hope.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    P&P for your uncle and family through this difficult time.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We will be praying thru this situation with you all. Keep a positive attitude and feel free to share the burden. A shared load is easier to carry.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.