Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Kind thoughts in the General Discussions forums; Thank you everyone for your well wishes and sweet PM's for my family and my Dad as he went in for emergency By-Pass surgery (it turned from triple to quad ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Kind thoughts

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and sweet PM's for my family and my Dad as he went in for emergency By-Pass surgery (it turned from triple to quad mid operation). He is past the first hurdle. Nobody expected it as he has been an accomplished Marathon runner, including Boston in the post 65 age division. Go Figure. Thanks for all of your kind support.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Wow! A runner with serious heart problems. Sort of gets you wondering how he would be doing if he hadn't been exercising regularly. Hope he continues to improve. Keep us updated when you can.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sorry to just hear about this Gabe. Best Wishes to him and your family
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    my prayers are with you and your family Gabe
    I'm sure that because he was a runner will help him greatly in his recovery
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    P&P to you and your family Gabe.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    I just happened to run across this now gabe. I'm so sorry to hear of the pain your father, you & your family have been going through the last several days, it sounds like.
    But it sounds like he is well on his way to a speedy & full recovery, and of that, I am so very happy for y'all! I hope that he continues on that path & is with y'all for many more years to come.

God bless
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way. I hope his recovery is quick and complete.

Thanks for all the sweet support. Dad's operations and recovery from that seems to be progressing well however has one of the post op staff infections that is zapping his whole system. When they pulled him from ICU they put him in a room with a gentleman who was one of 700 people who got ill on a
    cruise (one of our most favorite kinds). We are guessing he picked up whatever he was carrying from that Cruise. Now Dad is in Isolation for contagious disease. Duh. Ya think they would have done that to the other gentleman. Yeah, just got to wonder and pray I guess. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, we are all so pooped.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I am at a loss to understand hospital protocol this week. Putting a contagious man in a room with my father and after sharing with my Dad isolating my Dad, when the damage has been done. Ding Dongs. Faith in hospitals this week a bit shaky.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Thats awful, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Prayers and pixie dust for yoy and your family Gabe. Hopefully the fact that he has looked after himself will help him on his recovery x x

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I am at a loss to understand hospital protocol this week. Putting a contagious man in a room with my father and after sharing with my Dad isolating my Dad, when the damage has been done. Ding Dongs. Faith in hospitals this week a bit shaky.
    More hugs and more prayers for you Gabe. Go with your gut instinct, if you think what they are doing is wrong, talk to someone about it, someone who can change the situation....the Dr. or hospital administrator. I don't know the situation but I worked in a hospital for many years and when someone was in isolation, it was just that....isolation. Stay strong
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    More hugs and more prayers for you Gabe. Go with your gut instinct, if you think what they are doing is wrong, talk to someone about it, someone who can change the situation....the Dr. or hospital administrator. I don't know the situation but I worked in a hospital for many years and when someone was in isolation, it was just that....isolation. Stay strong
    Holiday weekends are never a good time to be in a hospital. They put a man who was on a "popular" cruise line, 700 people fell ill, and they placed him in my fathers room, well Dad got what he had, not good after 4x by-pass and then has a staff infection now too. They then put my Dad in isolation because he "caught" a contagious infection. Well duh people, what were you think'n putting the contagious fellow in the room with my Dad. You have to pray that God looks after the Dumb.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers.