Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Serious dose of P&P needed in the General Discussions forums; Hi everyone. I don't need P&P for myself, but I have a coworker who is in dire need of it. My coworker (Jo Anne) and her daughter (Mallory, who is ...
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!

Serious dose of P&P needed

Hi everyone.

I don't need P&P for myself, but I have a coworker who is in dire need of it.

My coworker (Jo Anne) and her daughter (Mallory, who is a freshman in college) were scheduled to leave for WDW yesterday. Jo Anne surprised Mallory with this trip. Mallory has been to WDW before, but she was either really young on her trips or went there as part of cheerleading competitions, so she hasn't really been able to experience "the world" yet. At any rate, they were both VERY excited about their trip. They were going to stay at Port Orleans, take the segway class at Epcot, visit Animal Kingdom for the first time, do lots of shopping, etc... They had a really nice trip set up, and I, being the resident Disney nut at work, shared lots of thoughts with Jo Anne, so I was really excited for her and Mallory.

In the middle of the day Friday, Jo Anne's husband Joe started having pains in his stomach and his shoulder. They weren't terrible, but by the time she got home from work (he's retired, and he was already home), he said they'd gotten steadily worse. She took him to the local ER and dropped him off at the door. In the time it took her to park her car and walk into the ER, he had passed out. He fractured his skull and now has swelling on the brain. They had to "bring him back" with the paddles. They did some work on him, and in addition to swelling on the brain, three of his arteries are clogged. He's doing so poorly that they had to transfer him to a different hospital. (The hospital he was originally at is not particularly small, so the fact that they had to transfer him indicates that he's doing poorly.)

Needless to say, Jo Anne and Mallory did not go to WDW. I don't know when they'll be able to go, but of course their priority right now (and hopefully for the near future) is Joe. I can't imagine how it must feel to be on the highest of highs, knowing that you're going to go to The Happiest Place on Earth, to go to the lowest of lows, having your husband/father suddenly almost die. If you have any P&P to spare for Joe, Jo Anne, Mallory, and Melissa (the other daughter), I'm sure they could use it.

Smack81

peanut is offline NOOTS!
    Sending P&P to Joe, Jo Anne, Mallory, Melissa, and YOU. They are truly blessed to have a friend who cares about them as much as you obviously do.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    : coming their way. Make sure to keep us abreast of changes.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thanks you guys. Once I've heard more, I'll post an update.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Keeping them in thoughts and prayers.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Big P's & P's to the family!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Our thoughts and prayers are with this family as they deal with this crisis. May he have a swift recovery, and no brain injuries or lasting effects.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    My P&P are going out to your coworker and her whole family! I will continue to pray that Joe heals fast!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My thoughts and prayers go out to your friends, it's amazing how life can change in a matter of minutes.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Guys,

Thanks so much for all of your P&P. It's wonderful that people who will (in all probability) never physically meet can still touch each other's lives.

I'm really, really sorry to be typing this, but Joe passed away last night. I guess he was doing well at one point - they had taken him off the ventilator and were considering releasing him. Then, he had a massive heart attack...and that was it.

Unbelievable.

Thanks again for your P&P.

Smack81

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    My prayers are completely with that family and with you as well as you are there for his wife and their children...
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Wow, that's just sad how he was taken all of a sudden like that. I'll keep the family in my thoughts and that they'll get through this uneasy time alright

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm so sorry to heat that your coworker's husband didn't recover. My sincere condolences to the family.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    So sorry to hear this, the family is in my thoughts and prayers.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Thanks everyone. I don't think my coworker will be returning to work for several days yet, but when she does, I'll give her a hug big enough for all of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast