Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss P's and P's for a job in the General Discussions forums; Thanks Chris!...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thanks Chris!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Good luck Lilo!

Thanks Smack81!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I hadn't heard anything from the store until this evening, she said that she was interviewing for the other store and would interview the store I applied to be at in a few weeks, she would be in contact then. So there is still hope!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

WenD2ndStar is offline B-Ticket Holder
    All the best, Tiffany! They would be lucky to have you!
    Wendy

Thanks Wendy!!

Just to update you all... I have an interview for 1:00 on Friday!!! I'll need extra prayers and pixie dust during that time!! Thanks so much!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Just to update you all... I have an interview for 1:00 on Friday!!! I'll need extra prayers and pixie dust during that time!! Thanks so much!!
    thats great news!!
    If you have decided to take some of your work along, take time to select a piece you are really proud of, make sure you know who's product you used etc.
    Have you researched the stores opening hours and stuff? The more you know about the store, the better prepared you will feel and it will be obvious in the interview.
    Take some time before friday to go into a few shops and think about how the staff treat you, did they smile and say hello? In the interview make sure you say hello with confidence and a smile. And make eye contact, dont look at the floor or out the window, all of it will show you'll be a good person to deal with their customers.
    I'm not sure how interviews go over in the USA, but over here you're often asked at the end if you have any questions about the job. If that might happen, try and have a couple of intelligent ones planned ahead of time, you dont want to be sat there going "er......um.........ah.......is it nice here?".
    And above all be yourself, you'll be fine. xxx
    (ok, enough of me trying to help, I'll shut up now)
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Thank you Fiona! Should I just take a few of my pages with me or should I just bring one of my scrapbooks? Thanks again everyone!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Thank you Fiona! Should I just take a few of my pages with me or should I just bring one of my scrapbooks? Thanks again everyone!!
    Hmmm, tough one, are all you scrapbooks 12 x 12? that could be a little large but still ok if thats all you have. It might be a good idea to mark a couple of the best pages with a tag sticking out the top or something, then you could always find the right page quickly without flicking through the whole book. Or just one or two pages (in the plastic covers) would be fine too. Just try and avoid anything that will be clumsy to show in the interview. Hopefully it will just be a minor prop you have with you to use if you want. Most of all they will be looking for a good personallity, and i already know you have that!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Hmmm, tough one, are all you scrapbooks 12 x 12? that could be a little large but still ok if thats all you have. It might be a good idea to mark a couple of the best pages with a tag sticking out the top or something, then you could always find the right page quickly without flicking through the whole book. Or just one or two pages (in the plastic covers) would be fine too. Just try and avoid anything that will be clumsy to show in the interview. Hopefully it will just be a minor prop you have with you to use if you want. Most of all they will be looking for a good personallity, and i already know you have that!!
    yeah they are all 12x12 so I'll think I take two of my best pages. Like you said, I don't want to be any more clumsy than I'm already lol. Thank you Fiona, your so nice!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

originally the lady told me it would be this afternoon or Monday before she knew if I had the job but now she now says it won't be until august the 8th before she knows if I got the job or not because some of the employees gave her new availability so she needs to figure out what she needs at the store, so just keep praying people lol!

Aw man... that stinks , dont give up hope and keep lookng for other jobs, the right one will be out there
    x FIONA x

rycharn is offline A-Ticket holder
    If all it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust, the job is yours! Best of luck from Utah!

Rycharn and family

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Aw man... that stinks , dont give up hope and keep lookng for other jobs, the right one will be out there
    Quote Originally Posted by rycharn View Post
    If all it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust, the job is yours! Best of luck from Utah!

Rycharn and family

Never heard anything about the job so I take I didn't get. Thank you all for the Prayers and Pixie Dust
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12