Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Pixie Dust and Prayers For Cassidy in the General Discussions forums; I'm asking my DWT family to please keep Cassidy in your prayers. She's been having a real hard time coping with Big Grammy's death. One day she seems fine and ...

Pixie Dust and Prayers For Cassidy

I'm asking my DWT family to please keep Cassidy in your prayers. She's been having a real hard time coping with Big Grammy's death. One day she seems fine and then the next day she's writing on her countdown calendar that she misses her and draws sad, crying faces. And last night while she was at my mom's she said she didn't feel good. When my mom asked her what was wrong she said she had a feeling in her stomach. Mom got her to tell her that she was upset and missing grammy. She's afraid that she's going to forget her.

It breaks my heart seeing her like this. I knew it would be hard on her since they were really close but I never thought it would be this bad. Please send some extra P&P her way.

Thanks!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    P&P definitely coming Cassidy's way - and yours. It's so hard for a child at that age - they "understand" that the person is gone, but don't have the experience to understand that it is an inevitable part of life.

A suggestion might be to let her pick out a small photo frame or maybe a locket that she can keep Big Grammy's picture in - one that is just for her, that she can look at whenever she wants. She may keep it very close to her for a while, and gradually it will take less of a role.

You might also see if your clergy or school counselor can be of any help.

A couple of good books: Amazon.com: When Someone Very Special Dies: Children Can Learn to Cope with Grief: Marge Heegaard: Books , Amazon.com: Sad Isn't Bad: A Good-Grief Guidebook for Kids Dealing With Loss (Elf-Help Books for Kids): Michaelene Mundy, R. W. Alley: Books

And please give her a hug from me!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I do have a book about it that I got when Erin's gram passed away. When she died Cassidy didn't get nearly as upset as she is now. But then again, she wasn't that close with her either. I need to get it back out.

I think her and mom are going to make a little photo album.

One thing is for sure, this trip is going to be a very much needed vacation.

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    awww prayers and pixie dust are coming!
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Ohh Lori! Mega P & Ps comng her way! There is a great book that my mom got me after someone in my family died. It's by Maria Shriver (Swaggneger's wife). I think it's called "What's Heaven?"
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Lots of P's & P's coming her and your families way Lori.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Aww {{{hugs}}} Sorry to hear Cassidy is having a hard time.

I remember Maria Shriver writing a book about this....

Amazon.com: What's Heaven: Maria Shriver, Sandra Speidel: Books

Maybe this could help her.

P&P to you and Cassidy
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    P & PD for Cassidy.
    You could always let Cassidy have a little box of memories for her Grammy. More that just photos. Special items that make her feel close and remember her. I still have my Nans tea pot. I've never used it but it was in my nans kitchen for so long, i love seeing it in mine and a way to keep her as part of the family.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

EeyoresBuddy is offline 'till "Tomorrow"
    Lots of P & PD along with love and hugs coming her way. It's bound to be hard for her at the moment but in time she will smile and have only happy memories when she thinks of her. xx
    Last edited by EeyoresBuddy; 11-29-2008 at 08:20 AM.

x Joan x
    8 Vacations to WDW between 1989 and 2010 & 2 Trips to DLP

Cassidy asked me last night if she could make Big Grammy an I miss you card and put it under her house.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Lots and lots of hugs for all of you, Lori. And I'm sending all the sparkles I can gather to Cassidy.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    The first time or most major death is tough. Having good friends and family will help a great deal, I am sure.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    prayers and pixie dust in abundance, that has got to be hard. The scrapbook and photo are great suggestions, we gave our nephews compostion books and let them write down all of their favorite memories, they keep them in their roooms and when something reminds them of the grands, they write it down. It has helped them a lot. But prayer for you as well, this is doubly hard for you.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.