Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Firefighters at Holy Name Cathedral Chicago in the General Discussions forums; This morning a fire has broken out at historic and landmark-ed Holy Name Cathedral in Chicago that was built around 1880 as a replacement for other parishes lost during the ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Firefighters at Holy Name Cathedral Chicago

This morning a fire has broken out at historic and landmark-ed Holy Name Cathedral in Chicago that was built around 1880 as a replacement for other parishes lost during the Great Chicago Fire in 1871. This church is the most ornate church with eye popping beams, tons of marble, hand painted art and Stations of the Cross constructed of marble and bronze. Every piece of Holy Name is a work of art unto itself. The roof itself had beautiful hand carved beams that were just re-constructed last year after the roof sagged and the Cathedral just re-opened in November for the holidays. Holy Name is visited by Catholics around the world when they come to Chicago.

Please pray for our firefighters as they brave this fire that started at 6 am this morning. It is 1 degree outside with with wind chills at 20 below zero. They are fighting this fire bravely many of which have icicles hanging from their bodies. As the roof is burning the firefighters are inside church fighting the fire, it has a dual roof so it is incredibly dangerous. At this time they are saying they believe everyone got out safely which would be a blessing unto itself. First we here in Illinois pray for our Firefighters and that they are granted the wisdom to save this wonderful cathedral.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    OMG!! Prayers and pixie dust heading their way. You just can't underestimate the job these guys and gals do.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Prayers and Pixie Dust for the firemen and their families.