Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss With a very heavy heart.... in the General Discussions forums; that I post this sad update about Lori's (dzney4lyf) little cousin Madisyn. She sadly lost her battle with cancer early this morning with her Mommy & Daddy by her side. ...

With a very heavy heart....

that I post this sad update about Lori's (dzney4lyf) little cousin Madisyn. She sadly lost her battle with cancer early this morning with her Mommy & Daddy by her side.

Here is a link to the post that follows her story from when Lori first posted about Madi being born. A Disney Souvenir has FINALLY arrived!!!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family. I have not spoken with Lori yet today, I left her a message this morning on her cell phone. I'm sure that they are all just spinning, not knowing which way is up right now.

You can also read Madi's story and post a comment to their guestbook if you'd like here: http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewHome.do

I also wanted to add that Madi and her family just returned last month from a wonderful WDW trip provided by the Make a Wish Foundation. I would like to think that our Dream Team had a little hand in making that magic happen for them! I know that Jay & Wendy will treasure those photos and memories forever.
    Last edited by disneydreamer98; 03-13-2009 at 09:50 AM.

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: With a very heavy heart....

My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

I am so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts, prayers, and hearts go out to the entire family.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. This is awful news.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

That is so heartbreaking, thanks for letting us know, Melis.
    Thoughts and prayers from us too.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

I cannot tell you how saddened I was to read this. While the thought of such a young child having to fight and ultimately lose such a struggle is sad to hear, when it is someone who is from our family here, it is devastating.

There are no words to offer comfort to Lori and her family, especially now, but hopefully she knows that all of us here are hurting for and with her, and that they are all in our prayers. No matter what one may believe, hopefully there is comfort in knowing that little Madi is in a better place, free of all that pained her on Earth, and is always with her family in spirit.

It was a nice, albeit small, consolation that through the incredible efforts of Make A Wish, she was able to enjoy something which brought us all together in the first place. It really hits home about what we all do for the Dream Team, and how important that really is.

I made a donation to Firstgiving this morning in memory of Madi on behalf of our family here.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

This is heart wrenching, to Lori and her family our hearts and prayers are with you
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

I just got off the phone with Lori. Her and Todd are on the road right now on their way to NY to be with their family. Obviously there aren't any type of arrangements made yet as Madi will have to go through an autopsy since she was undergoing a clinical expirmental treatment in Vermont.

Lori wanted me to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to her to have this support.

Lou, I read her your post and she was very touched by your donation to Firstgiving on behalf of Madi.

Lori said that she would touch base with me next week and of course I will keep you all posted.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. What sad news for such a sweet angel.

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family. She's in God's hands now! God Bless them all.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    o * ~ ** ~ * o

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

My prayers and thought go out to Lori and her family in this sad time. I can not even process the death of child Im so sorry to here she lost her fight.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

So sorry to hear this. P & P goes out to everyone effected.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I thought of Madi so often of late, but lost the thread that updated her condition. Madi was the third child, I know, who lost a life in the last 5 years to this horrible disease. The first child was the daughter of our nephew. I learned of Madi's condition as I was watching the life of a little girl in MN being swept away. Madi's condition seemed to be so much better that I really hoped that she would be one of the lucky ones.

My condolences to the family. I will keep them all in my prayers.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

I am heartbroken to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with Madi's family.
    They call me "Nana"

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle

This is so sad, i often visited Madisyn's caringbridge page to see how she was doing. Its so cruel that she fought so hard for so long without winning the battle. Prayers and Pixie dust for all of her friends and family xxx
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast