Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Prayer's and Pixie Dust needed!!! in the General Discussions forums; Originally Posted by 4Mickey That's such great news! Thanks so much for sharing! We'll keep the prayers & pixie dust coming! I know Summer! And thank you for your call ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    That's such great news! Thanks so much for sharing! We'll keep the prayers & pixie dust coming!
    I know Summer! And thank you for your call the other night to check in on her! You are the best!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    still thinking about you and your family melis... i hope that all is well....

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    still thinking about you and your family melis... i hope that all is well....

Thanks Lor...thinking about you too!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I know Summer! And thank you for your call the other night to check in on her! You are the best!
    Awe! Anytime girl! I'm just so thankful you gave us good news!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Awe! Anytime girl! I'm just so thankful you gave us good news!

Yes......let's hope it continues to move in that direction.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Cancer is such a devious disease. Just about the time you think you are heading in the right direction it takes a new turn. I'm so glad that as I read through the thread the news ended on a happier note. I will certainly keep your cousin in my prayers.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Melissa so glad to hear the news of your cousin.Even though I haven't been on I do keep her and my family in my prayers.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    You're always in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm still thinking and praying for your family too...
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Let's hope the good news continues as do my prayers and thoughts.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

I knew that Krista was going back earlier this week for a checkup and was drawing a little concerned when we hadn't heard from my Aunt. We all received this email to follow last night.

Dear precious friends and family, Thank you so muchfor being with us in spirit, in mind, and in prayers. Today was a big day as today is the day Krista had amasectomy.. The doctor removed the breast as well asseveral lymph nodes (that she said were cancerous.) We were at the hospital at 6 am. and Krista completedthe operation by about noon. The doctor said she wasvery pleased with the operation and that it wentbetter than she thought it would. We are so relievedand Thankful that this big step is over. Within 2weeks she will return to chemo therapy for anythingthat was not removed with the chemo, then on toradiation. The doctors decided to do this at thispoint as it appears that the 2 chemos she has been onwere not effective and since the tumor had nosubstantial shrinkage they decided it was time toremove the tumor before it became unoperable. WE arethankful for that dicision and feel without a doubt itwas the right choice. Thanks to each and everyone ofyou for your continued support. I cannot tell youhow much it means to all of us. We continue to beBlessed with the progress and will continue to workfor full recovery. Krista was in good spirits tonight(despite being on morphine for the pain.) I know sheis feeling positive. Thanks for the love and prayers. Love to all, Audrey

So, now we wait again. I just wanted to share with all you how just how much your prayers and thoughts are helping my family! I know it means the world to my Aunt and Cousin. So from the bottom of my heart once again, thank you!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Thanks for the update. Krista and her family continue to be in my families prayers, as well as the prayers of the ladies I work with(2 of the moms at my preschool are breast cancer patients so we sarted a special prayer circle). Keep us posted, I'm sure thing will keep going her way.
    Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDznyCamper
    Thanks for the update. Krista and her family continue to be in my families prayers, as well as the prayers of the ladies I work with(2 of the moms at my preschool are breast cancer patients so we sarted a special prayer circle). Keep us posted, I'm sure thing will keep going her way.
    Oh Maggie, thank you so much! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that!!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Melissa,

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear your news. It saddens me to see these threads pop up, only because I can appreciate the struggle you and your family are going through. I'm sure you can tell by now that your entire family here on the site is thinking about you and praying for your family.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thank you Lou....I'm telling you, there are some days that this site is the only reason I make it though the day with a little bit of sanity left!

Sharing the newest update with all of you....

Dear wonderful family and friends, Another update onour girl--The surgery was Friday--the surgeon met uson Saturday and again said she was surprized that thesurgury went so well. The tumor and the lymph nodes(8-10) that were removed were not attached to muscleand all slid out easily. She said that was a goodsign. No muscle had to be removed. She did not haveto have skin grafts as we througt she would have tohave. She removed only the right breast. The doctorsaid it would probably we wise to remove the second onin the future, but at this point she would lose toomuch blood and it would delay Krista getting back intochemo or radiotion--that will happen in 10-12 days. Krista is in very good spirits and very relieved thatthis process is past. We plan to bring her hometoday. We are thankful for all your support andprayers. Many of you have asked what you can do so Iwill tell you about her project coming up. The cityof Palmer is the cabbage growing capital. Krista wastold by her doctors that cabbage is a super cancerfighter, so she has been juicing and drinking acabbage every other day. She says it tastes betterthan it sounds. ANyways, Palmer is having only 10people build and decorate 3 foot diameter cabbagesthat will be displayed in Palmer for the summer, andsold at an auction the end of the summer. Kristasubmitted per proposal for a cabbage that will bedecorated with pink beads in honor of all the womenand families that have been touched by breast cancer. She was excited to find that her proposal was one ofthe ten selected for production. Anyways, if any ofyou would like to send some pink beads that she canput on her cabbage as she creates it, that would benice. And if any of you are artistic and have ideas,please send them on. None the less, we greatlyappreciate the love, prayers, calls, and all theprecious thoughts and healing prayers that have beensent to us. We are blessed to have all of you in ourlives. It sure makes one realize what is important. Blessings and love and deep apreciation, Audrey & Gary

Talked to my Aunt last night on the phone and she was on her way to pick Krista up from the hospital and bring her home. Although Krista wasn't feeling all that good (which is understandable), she was really looking forward to coming home and being with her children. My Aunt sounded completely exhausted, but hopeful that this successful surgery will be the answer we've all been looking for.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast