Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Prayer's and Pixie Dust needed!!! in the General Discussions forums; I debated on whether or not I wanted to post anything about this, but have decided that my Cousin can use all the help and prayers she can get and ...

Prayer's and Pixie Dust needed!!!

I debated on whether or not I wanted to post anything about this, but have decided that my Cousin can use all the help and prayers she can get and knowing what an amazing group of people we have here at DWT I know I can count on some amazing support!!!!! I just received some awful news yesterday regarding my Cousin, Krista. She is 33 years old and a Mother of three, 2 boys ages 6 and 2 and a daughter 2 1/2 months old. She was diagnosed less than 3 weeks ago with breast cancer. It is bad, but they are hopeful. She received her 5th round of chemo treatment today. They say that she will have to receive another 4 to 5 months of chemo to shrink the tumor before they will be able to preform a masectomy. My Aunt is having a very difficult time watching her Daughter go through this and the worst of it is that they all live in Alaska and so far away from the rest of the family. I wish that there were not so many miles separating all of us so we could be there to help. I would so appreciate any extra prayers or thoughts that you can give on behalf of Krista. Thank you all for listening......
    Last edited by disneydreamer98; 02-17-2006 at 07:04 PM.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    good luck, best wishes, my thoughts are with her and your family.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Melissa, give you, your family especially your cousin, aunt and her babies a whole lot of prayers and from me.... may she be strong with her chemo, may she have the courage and faith to survive...

D.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Thank you......I really believe that every little bit will help!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Lots of prayers and pixie dust on its way from our family!!
    Maggie

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Count me in. Tons of prayers heading north.
    They call me "Nana"

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Oh My Melissa, I am so sorry, my prayers are with you, your family and your cousin....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Since we are in the same state Melissa, my prayers and pixie dust have a short distance to travel...so here they are, hope you and your family begin to get them ....right about now!

PS-on a side note, a sorority sister of mine who is 34 discovered she had breast cancer while she was pregnant. Not long after she delivered, she began treatment. It was such a tough time for her, but please tell your cousin that following treatment and eventually a mastectomy, she has been given a clean bill of health for now and is enjoying her son. My wishes for the same for your family....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I am sorry to here the news, Melis. In my opinion, you have made the right decision - allowing us all to send our prayers and thoughts.

My Prayers and thoughts are with your cousin and the rest of the family coming from across the pond for now and the coming months ahead: which we know will be real tough.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Sorry Melis.. you know I'm always a phone call away... (and yes that's supposed to be a good thing!)

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated!!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Melissa you know you guys always have my thoughts and prayers.I'll will keep your cousin in my prayers for sure.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Thanks Jer.....

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Melissa, I am sorry to tell you, but I couldn't read your post....too much history and I can't start crying at work.

You know you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers....much love and pixie dust is sent to you from Atlanta! LOVE YOU GIRL!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    hope all is going ok..
    Last edited by dzney4lyf; 02-20-2006 at 09:16 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast