Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss I do not know if this is the right place. in the General Discussions forums; Thanks for the support and prayers we need them..........
    rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for the support and prayers we need them.......
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

Update On situation

4/7/06
    We went to the radiologist earlier today and got some more news. Margie's tumor is not Her(2) and 2nd opinion localized in the right breast ONLY. Sounds like there will be 6 cycles of Chemotheraphy then removal of the right breast. then directly to Radiation. Sound like more of a plan than what we have had 1 week ago. So more good news from the Doctors.
    Now next visit to the doctor is 4/25.

So keep us in all your prayer and thank you in advance

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Sounds like you know more now, and knowledge is power, so you can use it. Keep us posted.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Update 4/19

Hi all

Just a fast update on the situation. We go to the Doctor 4/25 to get the Chemo schedule and when the surgery will possiblely occur. So till then be well all.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Prayers are going up for you all.

A friend of mine was also just diagnosed, hopefully she and your wife will both be fine.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Sending you many many prayers your way... Will keep your wife, you and your children in my thoughts.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

4/25/06 Update

Hello All

We saw the MD earlier today. Hesaid he was a little troubled by some of the reports from my wiofe's PET scan. and wants her to have an MRI ASAP. Then we we were told that there is some lymph node involvment in the axillary lymphatics. He also mentions the reason for the MRI was because there was something on the PEt scan that might be a metasis. Even thought the bone scan was very negative there might be some bone involvement which would be sreious. Also while we were at the office the doctor wanted us to begin Chemo on the spot. He said it was so we can get a start on the treatments. He also changed the schedule from weekly to every 3 weeks so we can go at it with more intensity and get 4 cycles done in 12 weeks versus 16 weeks if we did the weekly where you skip 1 week every 4. Then after we have 2 full cycles under our belt we will have some more scans to see the progress and find out our date of surgery.
    Also we go for round 2 tomorrow and well we will keep you all updated.

And as always keep us in your prayers and be well

Update On situation 4/29/06

Hello All

It has been 3 days since Margie had the 1st round of the Chemo. She has had some side effects but not the typical Nausea/vomiting and listlessness. She has gotten the Leg cramps, mouth sores and general cramping that can happen during Chemo. She Has been sleeping alot over the past 2 days. Just today she was really in pain in her legs and feet. But there is some good, she has ssen some real changes in the breast. I know it sounds crazy but I have noticed a change also. So the CHemo must be doing its job. I pray that it stay its course and works like the Doctor said. It that happens I might be able to suprise here with a trip to WDW in November like we had planned before this all started. SO all I can do is Hope.

Till next time Keep us in your prayers....

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    You got it. Give her a hug from us.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Prayer are still going your way too!!!

Loves First Kiss!

5/14/06 update

Hello All

It has been a little bit since I have had an update on the situation but here is one.

It is Mother's Day here on the east coast and well I am depressed.

Things here are going ok Margie has just lost her hair this week and as a sign of support I shaved my off too. I look quite funny but what the heck if she can do it so can I.

She has been doing great with this round of chemo. Her blood work results have been awesome. Still it is not all roses her for us. They sent her for 3 more tests because they saw some lymph node involvement and some signs of possible spread. We have an appointment this Thursday to find out some info from the Doctor and for her second round of chemo. She is a trooper. My wife is trying to give it 1000% of her effort to keep things close to normal around here. Still she has zero energy, which is to be expected with this and at times zero patience with the children. She has been to all but one of MY son's Lacrosse games ( his team is 3-1 ). Sorry about the little plug on that but she said to keep things normal.

Right now with today being mother's day she has been quite down all day Friday and Saturday. Our daughter Jenna and My son Jack want to do something nice for their mom today. Jenna wants to but mom some flowers. To put in her words mommie deserves a couple dozen flowers.

John on the other hand wants to cook breakfast in bed for Mom that is so nice of him. Lastly; Tara just wants to be good for Margie (she still does not treat Margie like a mom but she is trying on that front).

So I hope to do an update on Thursday with some good news and I better get going before I get all weepy eyed here and start to cry.

Be well All...

It has been a while........

Hello All

It has truely been a while but as we all can say life is busy. Things with my wife are getting better. We find out Friday if we are having surgery or another cycle of Chemo then see the surgeon. So far the chemo is going great according to the Doctor. We have seen a lot of change and well at least My wife can say that it has not been a tough as some thought although it has been quite tough. So We willhave an update on Thursday.
    Till then Be well all.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Just read all through this thread. Makes me feel very humble - we should never take our health for granted. I hope your wife continues to make good progress and that you can book your trip to Disney soon. It would certainly give you all something to look forward to.
    My very best wishes to you and your family.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

8/8/06 update

Hello All

This is an updatye on the situation here. I know it has been a while but there was no news and like they say no news is good news. We go the good news 2 weeks ago that we were going to surgery.
    So on 7/31 my wife had a partial radical mastectomy. That is where they remove the whole breast, some lymph nodes and no muscle from what the the surgeon told us. she was in surgery for 2 hours and 3 more in recovery. so it was one heck of a long day in the hospital. then we spentr one more full day and part of Wenesday in the hospital. We returned home on Wed afternoon. Things have been fine since then and today we got to the Suregeon to remove the drains from surgery and get more pathology reports; to see it the surgical margins are clear. We will also find out what our next step will be either more chemo then radiation or just straight to radiation.

So till later wish us luck and thank you all for the continued prayers.......

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    Good luck with everything! Sending prayers and pixie dust your way : :
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast