Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss I do not know if this is the right place. in the General Discussions forums; Its great news for you, i so pleased, i hope things keep getting better and better for you and that May will be totally wonderful x...
    DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Its great news for you, i so pleased, i hope things keep getting better and better for you and that May will be totally wonderful x
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder

4/26/07 Update

Hi All,

It has been a while since I have posted here on the board but things here have been crazy. We have been having so much fun and planing some trips to WDW. the first one to take place 5/14-5/17. just a short getaway.
    Unfortunately the Cancer has returned. We just got news for the surgeon that the lymph node that they removed last week was cancerous. My wife went for a CT/PET scan on Tuesday and the results were not too good. It looks like the new Cancer has metastases. They aw some spots on her bones, lungs and some lymph node involvement. Just when we thought that things were going great. then there is this. The Surgeon told us not to postpone our little jaunt to WDW and go. He said that we are in the process of regrouping and 3 days in WDW would do us all some good. He even wanted to go. We are awaiting for the 3 doctors to see what is our next course of treatment. If it is just in the breast and the spots are just the same as her baseline scan then we go to Surgery. if not then we will probably go straight to chemo and radiation and other forms of therapy to combat the disease.

So please Keep my Wife and Children In your prayers

thank you all and be well till the next update.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    Sending you lots of Pixie dust
    Thinking of you and your family, stay strong,
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Your whole family is in my thoughts and Prayers
    May God be your guiding Light when times seem to be to tough to go on..
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

cinderellamom is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs and pixie dust coming your way!
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Stay strong and hang in there, wishing you all the best!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

new sad update

Hi all it has awhile since I have posted here. Things have been really nuts we have had a great year but in life rain must fall. In ours it has been a real storm. The cancer is back in her other breast, lungs, liver and some lymph involvement. So the news is not great but the doctor has told us that we have yet to scratch the surface with treatments. there are a lot of drugs that we can use for chemotherapy. He is hoping and striving for the use of oral chemo agents like arimidex, tamoxiphen etc to treat my wife. Needles to say we had to Cancer our anniversary trip to WDW scheduled for early may of this year but we might still get a short trip in November this year for her god daughters sweet 16 party the week of election day. So lets cross our finger, pray and hope all goes well so she is able to go there.

As always be well.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    You,re in our thoughts & we pray things will get better for you & your wife & that you get to go on your Disney Trip at a later date..................Keep strong....................Pixie Dust & Prayers coming to you from the UK

Last edited by disneylady; 03-25-2008 at 02:28 PM.

I Belle
    Maggie

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    P&P to you and your family. You sound like a really strong group, and I'm sure that if you hang in there and stay true to each other, good things will come your way.

Re: I do not know if this is the right place.

Well it has been a while Between life, work, kids, WDW(LOL), face-book etc.......

We had another MD appointment I know I was going to do updates on this but well like I said I was busy(LOL)

we Had some good and bad news something that we have been getting used to 1 step forward and well 2 steps back the old Caner tango.

Marge was told that there was some progression of the disease between this and last pet scan. but the Doc did not seem to concerned with this, situation. The progression is bone mets all over the body micro hot spots as he called it. So it it back to the cytotoxic for chemo. plus they are adding Zometa to the drugs that is to help with her bones so there is lessened amount of bone loss. Zometa is an IV drug for osteoporosis give to the general population on a yearly basis and monthly to CA patients.
    this plus the Herseptan she has been taking will hopefully work and stop the progression or at least slow it down. The Doc said that there is a chance that it can reverse things but that was a long shot. As he said before arresting the development is a good thing since there art no outward signs of the bone mets that is good meaning no pain in her bones.
    Now for the OK news the mass in the lung has not changed it has stayed essentially the same sive with some shrinkage. this is a good thing.
    Lastly the liver spot Has responded to the therapy and that is good.
    I will try to do weekly updates here when we have the time but well with thing I do not know when I will be able unless like now when I can not sleep due to this or our other fun our AC went yesterday LOL during a heat wave no less hopefully we are able to get this resolved by tomorrow or Saturday. If not well it will be Monday before we can get cool.

So goodnight for now.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

Great to get an update with hopeful news, still sending P & PD for you all.
    And Pixie Dust for the AC unit too lol
    x FIONA x

Thanks
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

Update 9-6-09

Hi All

Just a quick updatye since last one my wifes WB #'s went in the toilet a week ago and she was home from work for about 4 days it was due to the new cytotoxic Navabein( I hope I spelled that right). So she had to go for 4 daily injections of Nulasta to bring up her WBC levels or no treatment the next week. The numbers went up and she had her treatment on Thursday last weekend again she is in bed since the treatment. It seems these treatments are taking a lot out of her and me to for that much. She is sleeping all day has flu like symptoms, headaches that become migraines. So its not too much fun for the kids. his weekend I was going to try to well get the kids out but like always the best laid plans.... you know the rest.

I hope to have happier news next update
    \
    Be well All
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

P & PD for a good week for you all x x x
    x FIONA x

mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder

Praying for you all!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast