Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss I do not know if this is the right place. in the General Discussions forums; Hi I am new to the board. I am a hugh Disney Fan. It used to make me happy just to research all things Disney but on last Thursday My ...
    rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder

I do not know if this is the right place.

Hi I am new to the board. I am a hugh Disney Fan. It used to make me happy just to research all things Disney but on last Thursday My wife and I were given terrible news as I was planning our next DIsney trip. My Wife has been Diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I looks like it is what is called Inflamatory Breast Cancer. Thatr is one of the mos insitious forms of breast cancer and only happens in 1-4 % of patients that get breast cancer; but it is one of the more deadly types. It only has approximately a 40% survival rate for 5 years. None the less it has stopped our family planning for the Disney trip.
    We have 3 children Our Daughter Jenna 3 and my 2 children Tara 10 and John 12. They are still talking about the family trip in December. We have yet to tell them the news. I just breaks my heart that. our kids are so happy still planing the trip. Like what rides they really want to go on and which characters they want to see and the truth is we will not be going this year. So all we can do is hope that we can still go next year.
    Sorry for posting a bummer like this but I really just needed to let it out some where. thanks......
    Last edited by rxpeje63; 03-25-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Not sure what to say--I don't think there ever will be a right place to share news this bad. I'm terribly sorry to hear about this, but for what it's worth, you can count on the prayers and best wishes of quite a lot of solid folks on these boards, and until you are able to get you and yours to our favorite place in this world, you'll always have a place to talk about our favorite things here.

Take care, and always keep the faith.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Thank you very much we are keeping the faith here.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Prayers will be gong out from our home, please let us know how it is going from time to time...I am so sorry.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Never under estimate the power of prayer.
    I'm sure you are both still very shell shocked. Battling cancer is not for the faint of heart. Start building your support group and know that cancer, even when the odds look against you, can be beaten. Keep us updated on her progress so we can keep you all in our prayers.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

To all we are praying a lot and we have an appointment on Wed. to get more info and results of the other tests my wife has had last week. We still have not told our kids but our son John 12 knows that something is up and well we will talk to him later today.

So weel will keep everyone informedwith the progress of things.

Always remember to smile and stay strong.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Update On situation

Hi all

Well our son John Knows his mom is Sick. He knew something was wrong so Marige and I told him that the situation is. He is a real trooper he asked if he could do anything for mom and if I needed anything.
    My wife on the other hand is getting more scared each day. SHe is a bundle of nerves worrying that if things are really bad what is going to happen to us. I keep on telling her to be strong and well just think about herself. I am getting better. I am less worrried and more calm seeing how all our nieghbors, friends and relatives are reacting and offering us help. It really makes me think that no matter what we will be alright.
    Now all we have is the waiting game till Wed when we see the new Doctor and find outh the results of the bone scan andCat scan that she took last weekand probably set up for more tests and start scheduling Chemotheraphy.
    I hope you guys here do not mind me rambling on here because it helps keep me grounded and sane.

Just one day at a time I say. Each day being a new present to be opened and enjoyed to its fullest with the idea that life is short and we are all just here for a few moments. So savore all you can.

Be well all.
    Last edited by rxpeje63; 03-27-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Update On situation

We Have good news..........

We went to the oncologist and all the basline scans are clean and clear. This means that the Cancer is at this time confined to the Breast area. That is good according to the Physician. So our plan of attack is 2-6 cycles of aggressive Chemotheraphy. Then a Dual mastectomy. Then more chemo and probably Radiation.
    We have some more tests to do and Margie has A minor procedure scheduled for next Wed.to put in a shunt for the Chemo and a Consult with a radiologist on Friday.

So tons of good news here.

Please keep those prayers coming.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by rxpeje63; 03-29-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Rock on!!!
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    That is really good news! I have a good friend that was diagnosed with breast cancer last fall. She had surgery and radiation and is doing very well. Your wife will be doing through a rougher regime, but hopefully she'll be clear of cancer soon.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

New update

Hello All

Just a short update here.
    Margie is going to have a little surgery tomorrow. She is Having the port put in so she can easily have chemotherapy. Then next week it is 2 more tests for staging and baseline studies. On Friday we have an appointment with the Radiologist to have a consult. I will update Friday night.

Other news, We are getting married again. Well, since we are just commonlaw married we decieded to just do the civil ceremony to insure that my rights are ok. So I can do what needs to be done eventhough we have been togather for years as commonlaw. We neeed to sure up our legal rights.
    So till next time.......

Be Well all
    Last edited by rxpeje63; 04-04-2006 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling

4/5/06 update

We just returned from port surgey and it went well
    Margie is sleeping right now and she is quite tired and in pain.
    We are now awaiting info on the further testing.

Be Well all

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    Hope all goes well Prayers, thoughts and pixie dust to you and your family
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Just wanted you to know I am reading and following your updates and glad that it looks like the cancer is confined. Have faith and I believe positive outlooks and thoughts can go a long way, so stay strong, stay positive, and of course, a little pixie dust can help to, so here you go:
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast