Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss A cure and a prayer in the General Discussions forums; Alright so I gave you the good news of my day (the show Cinderella) first but here is why my day was one of those that I should have started ...
    Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

A cure and a prayer

Alright so I gave you the good news of my day (the show Cinderella) first but here is why my day was one of those that I should have started over.There is a long list of events that goes along with this story but I will get to the more important of my "one of those days".

So I am at lunch with my parents and my mom said that she needed to leave early because she had a doctors appointment. So I gave her a call after she was supposed to get done and I come to find out that she has a condition that is very very serious and that our family doctor wants her to goes to the hospital immediately - we are now scheduled for tomorrow morning and it is just for a blood transfusion but her condition can go from where it is now to a very leathal stage. So I am asking for prayers and pixie dust for her that the transfusion is something that only needs to be done rarely and that her condition does not get worse.

Second - this one is a biggie.

I am trying to a lot of people that live in NPR (where the theater is) to come see the show. Well I thought of someone that lived down the street from us (when I was little). So my mom gave them a call and left a message. She got a phone call back today and one of our close family friends (our neighbor's son) who is about 10-13 years older than me and my brother's godfather was diagnosed with AIDS a few years back and they have lost touch with us because the medicine that he is on is not working and that doctors have given him a very very short time to live. Now, I did not know him in the sence that we could call eachother and talk but what is bothering me the most and actually had me bawling my eyes out today (I very very very rarely cry) on my drive to the theater was that even though he was older than me and max, he had an influence on my life (he would read to us when he babysat, come to b-day parties, etc.) and I think what REALLY REALLY bothers me is that even though I have not seen him in a few years he was still a part of my life (in the book of my life) and I cannot do a thing to help him. There is NO CURE, there is only a FEW MEDICINES, and if they don't work...DEATH. From what I have heard, his partner is by his side along with his family. He is down to around to 115lbs. and there is nothing to do to cure this disease. It hurts so much and I am still trying to figure out why because He was part of my ife when I was younger and I haven't seen him in a few years. You see stories like this on t.v. news stories and in movies and RENT even uses this disease BUT I never thought that I would know someone who would be affected by AIDS and I never thought that it would hurt SOOOO much. So I am asking for prayers, pixie dust and peace for him, his partner and his family. I for prayers for the pharmaceutical companies and researchers that someday they will find a cure for this disease.

Thank you for listening and for your prayers. I will try to keep you poasted on both of these. Thank you again.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Paul I am sending tons of prayers and pixie dust your way for your Mom and your friend! Please do keep us posted. I will be keeping you and your Mom in my thoughts this morning and hoping that all goes well at the hospital!!!!!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Both me and the BF's thots and prayers are with you, you mom, your friend and all the family and friends involved. Please know that we wish everyone the best.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Wow, Paul. What a hard few days. I'm so sorry to hear the horrible news about your friend. I really hope things get better for him & his family. It's so sad to know there are things out there that are that are incurable.
    I'm also sorry to hear about your mom. Please keep us updated on what is going on with her & how she is doing.
    My thoughts & prayers & pixie dust are with all of you.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Paul, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It seems like a lot to take at one time, but you are a strong guy and I am sure you provide a lot of that for your family. We are here for ya!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Thoughts, prayers and pixie dust heading your way Paul...

~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Plenty of prayers and pixie dust for your family, and your friend for everying going on. Thinking of you.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Ditto here, Paul - tons of pixie dust and prayers and positive thoughts.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Paul so sorry just got go on and read this of course your family and has my thoughts and prayers. As well as your friend and his loves also has my prayers as well.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Prayers and pixie dust heading your way Paul, so sorry for all that has been going on for you.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    You know I'm here if you ever need anything....

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Hey guys -

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Mom is going to be fine but must be careful. As for our family friend, there is no news. I will go with "no news is good news". Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Happy to hear that all is going to be okay with your Mom and I will continue to hope that the no news is good news about your friend as well. Take care Paul!