Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Dissylove's accident-prone week in the General Discussions forums; I am putting this in the Prayer and Pixie Dust threads, even though my issues are not that serious, in fact, they are kind of typcial Nicole-stupidity and clumsiness. Nevertheless, ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Dissylove's accident-prone week

I am putting this in the Prayer and Pixie Dust threads, even though my issues are not that serious, in fact, they are kind of typcial Nicole-stupidity and clumsiness. Nevertheless, I wanted to share this, and please, just cross your fingers that I don't inflict any more bodily harm on myself!

It started with the fact that, as you may know, my family is in the process of relocating to Louisiana. My husband is a plant manager of a facility in the area now, and so we are relocating from Michigan.

He had to start right away, so I am finishing up my job contract in Michigan and the kids are in school. I will begin moving there in mid-june, and we will be there for sure by July 1.

Anyway, so all this time apart, me with my three kids, lots on my mind, and I am not sleeping much. I woke up last Thursday unable to move my head/neck. At all.

Proceeded to try to get ready for work. And get three kids ready for school/day care. Stuck my hand in my makeup bag, while not moving my head of course...cut off the entire tip of my left hanf index finger on a razor in my bag!

Now, bleeding like crazy, wrap it up with a tussue (which soaks thru in less than a minute). Throw the kids in the car, drop the baby off at day care (still in pj's, without breakfast, since I am bleeding so bad and am now driving without being able to move my head). Drop the other two off at school (sign them in early for the breakfast program-I don't usually do this, but this was not a usual day).

Drive to my dr, while calling work along the way and cancel my morning appt. (they must have thought I was nuts...)

Dr says, "you are a mess", and perscribes me a muscle relaxer, gives me a shot of pain medicine, performs an adjustment on my back (OUCH!) and says he thing this is all related to stress and lack of sleep, so gives me some sleeping pills also.

He then does so sort of cauterization on my finger, which is now likely permanently flat on top. The cauterization REALLY hurts (and keep in mind I had three 8 pound babies, folks) but stops the bleeding and is supposed to help it heal faster....
    (continued below)
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

continued...

So I go to work, where, in communications, I type quite a bit...now with one hand!!! I am all drugged up, and after a few hours, my boss tells me to just go home.

So I go home, try to rest. I run downstairs to grab a pair of sweatpants to put on, and take a tumble down the stairs....ouch again, but no harm.

I stayed at home all weekend. To a. rest, and b. so I don't harm myself any more!!!

Anyway, finger still hurts terrbily, and yes I am still typing with one hand, but my nech and back are getting better, I can move better, and the only damage from my stairs tumble is a nasty bruise on my leg....

Hope you all hasd a better weekend!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Goodness Nicole, you are lucky you didn't really hurt yourself with that fall. I understand the razor now....thought it was in your purse!

I understand that not moving the neck thing - it makes everything more difficult to do!
    Get some rest!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    sorry to hear all that
    hope you will feel better and your stress and all will go out the window!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Goodness Nicole, you are lucky you didn't really hurt yourself with that fall. I understand the razor now....thought it was in your purse!

I understand that not moving the neck thing - it makes everything more difficult to do!
    Get some rest!!!
    No, no razors in my purse. Oddly, I was looking for some Tylenol for my sore neck when I sliced my finger up digging around in my overnight bag

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Oh my! I hope you have a much better week and you don't repeat any part of this!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Nicole, I am so sorry, but I just had to laugh. I know it isn't funny, but it sounds so much like something I would do! Please forgive me, but it is nice to know I'm not the only klutz here!
    They call me "Nana"

Thanks guys for the nice words.
    And minnie, I get the humor in it too. I am always doing things like this, they just usually don't involve me actually having to visit the Dr. due to my clumsiness!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    GEEZ! And it's only Monday. Word of advice dont move, dont breathe, dont eat, just...dont do anything. LOL J/K I hope you are better soon, relax, relax. BTW...I know what the cauterazation(sp?) is like....NOT FUN If it makes you feel any better I have a chunk gone out of the side of my thumb thanks to a meat slicer. And my mom is missing the tip of her middle finger, thanks to a rotten cousin when she was little who dropped a manhole cover on it. LOL maybe we can start a club. The CLUTZY FINGERLESS ONES Take Care

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I hope you are feeling better, try not to cause yourself any more pain please!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Nicole, I'm so sorry you are having a tough Week!! Maybe things are lookng up, at least you didn't break anything when you fell down the stairs!! My tumble down the last step (6 years ago) ended with two broken bones, pins and plate to fix. Keep finding the humor in things and take care. A few good nights sleep can work wonders.
    Last edited by HappyDznyCamper; 05-22-2006 at 04:55 PM.
    Maggie

Thanks, guys. I hear trouble comes in threes, so I hope I am in the clear now!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Steph says you should find a babysitter and just run away to Disney!! You can always drop them here on your way down.
    Maggie

WOW! Can't imagine it could get any worse so you must be on an up swing! Take care of yourself!

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Wow!!!

Were we born in the same family or something....

This could be my mother....

Loves First Kiss!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast