Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Prayers and Pixie Dust needed my nana's way! in the General Discussions forums; Stacy, glad to return home and not see any devistating news posted on this thread. Will be keeping those positive vibes heading Nana's way!!!...
    Stacy, glad to return home and not see any devistating news posted on this thread. Will be keeping those positive vibes heading Nana's way!!!

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Nan,s are very special........................sending pixie dust and saying a prayer that she hangs in & keeps strong

I Belle
    Maggie

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I will keep you and her in my prayers Stacy. There's a lot of prayers and pixie dust comming your way. Take care and don't give up!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Thank you all for your very kind words.. It really helps knowing I have good people out there that are sending prayers and pixie dust towards my nana!! She might be getting to move out of the hospital soon so that is good! that makes me very happy! I will keep you all posted on her condition and again I really appreciate all your support! Thank you!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Thanks for the update.

I hope all goes to plan and she'll be out of hospital soon.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    I hope she's back home very soon, and continues to improve, Stacy
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

Unhappy

Bad News.. I got a call from my mother this morning. Apparently they moved my nana into a short term care facility because Medicare only pays for 60-90 days as far as care goes. This morning my mom woke up to a phone call from the doctor saying that my nana was unresponsive to them waking her up and that she is very weak and basically on her last few days to live. My mom left me a message when I was in one of my many meetings saying my nana was asking for me and that she loved me. So I just called them back so I could talk to my nana... While my mom was trying to give her the phone my nana started choking and my mother had to call a nurse and have up the phone with me.. So now I am at work, crying, trying to get my work done that HAS to be done by tomorrow and wondering what the heck is going on out in MA. I don't understand how the other day my nana sounded great and now her health is failing rapidly..

Just thought I would let you all know what is going on and I know you are all praying with me and sending pixie dust her way.. Thank you all so much!! I really appreciate all of your support and love! Thank you all!

Stace
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Sorry to hear that Stacy. It is terrible when you are so far away and don't know what's going on. I'm sure that your boss would say that family comes first, maybe you should go and talk to them and see about getting out to MA if your Grandma is asking for you. You don't want to regret later not being there. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I'm so sorry to read this Stacy, this time I think you should go home to be with your family. Be safe and keep us posted.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Stac, you finish that work right now and go see your Nana, she needs you. I don't mean to be depressing, but I just have to say this.....sometimes people hold on longer than they really should and it is because they really want to say goodbye. You need to go see Nana and tell her in person how much you love her.....go now. I am sure your boss will understand....

My thoughts and prayers are with you girl!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it. There is no good way to say what I am thinking right now. I have so many things I want to type but I just keep hitting the delete button because they are not coming out how I want to say them.

When I was home this past January for my father's funeral I went to go see my grandparents for a day and they were both so alive and happy.. When I went to go say good bye to them in my mind (as bad as this sounds) I said good bye to them as if it would be my last time seeing them. I want to be there for my nana but at the same time I dont want to have to have my last image of her be a sad one. She is such a happy person and I can not and do not want to picture her laying in that bed, being sick and not happy and witty like normal.

Well I just keep hitting delete so I will stop here. Basically I am going home soon but I am waiting for my mom to tell me when and what time so they can come get me.. thank you all again.
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Stacy, I know exactly what you are trying to say, I was living out of province when I lost my grandfathers, it happened the same year and they were both sick in the hospital when they passed. I did not get a chance to see them before they passed so I don't have the memory of them hooked up to machines keeping them alive, in a way I am thankful for that. I remember them healthy and happy, honestly, they were such proud men that they didn't want me to see them that way. So anyway, all that just to say that I understand what you mean. Again, be safe in your travels and let me know if there's anything I can do. you!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Stace, I am so sorry to hear the news isn't good. My prayers and thoughts are still with you, your Nana amd the family - and will continue to be.
    I also know where you are coming from too; My Nana was very very ill when she died too and I never went to see her on what turned out to be the last time my family went to visit.
    I suppose it is a personal choice and you must do what you feels right: What ever you chose my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Take care, Stacy.
    lol, Rich
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Stace,

I understand how hard it is to know what you want to say without the abiltiy to actually say it. Half the time, you're not sure what you're feeling from one minute to the next, not to mention having to put it into words. I do know you are going through a very hard time with everything. I also know how difficult it is to be away from home when things are not going well. I know how hard it is to make that trip home when it's not a "pleasure" trip. If you choose to see your Nana or not, you will always remember her the way she has always been to you. When I lost my Grannie, I did see her laying down in a bed & not being able to take care of all of us like she'd done her entire life. But... now when I think of her, I think of her standing at the stove cooking us a chocolate cake, or her surprising me with sugar biscuits, and even her making me go pick out my own switch! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful nana that you've been able to spend so much time with just as I was. You're also blessed to have so many wonderful memories of her... nothing can ever take that away from you.

I am praying for you, your nana & of course your entire family. Please continue to let us know how she is doing.

~Summer
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Thank you so much Tink, Rich and Summer!! I really do appreciate all of your kind words, Prayers and Pixie dust.. I am sad to tell you all this but when I got to my layover in Chicago,IL I called my mom like I did before I left Iowa stating that I was going to board another plane and she had told me that my Nana had passed away after I got off the phone with my mom when I was leaving Iowa. Strange enough she passed when my plane was taking off to come home. My mom was in the middle of telling her about the two humming birds she could see out my nana's window eating the sugar mixture my sister made for them and how I was on my way home to come see her and after my mom said that my nana was breathing normal and not weezy (sp) like she was before, squeezed my mom's hand and took her final breath to send her on her way to be with God.

I want to thank you all for your continued support and just like I know she will be watching over every one in my family and in the world as best as she can.. Thank you all again, Friends!

Love,

Stace
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast