Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss i'm overwhelmed! in the General Discussions forums; i have been a member of this site for a while, and just today discovered this thread. i would love some prayers and pixie dust, if any of you have ...
    JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen

i'm overwhelmed!

i have been a member of this site for a while, and just today discovered this thread. i would love some prayers and pixie dust, if any of you have any extra to share.

these past few months have been very stressful and overwhelming to me, and i'm at the end of my rope. i work at IKEA (a large furniture store, for those of you who aren't familiar) and in early june, a customer dropped a 60+ lb box on my hand. My hand broke very badly, and I just found out last week that I have to have surgery in a few weeks. Wouldn't be so stressful, but we are in the process of moving to a different apartment, and packing with a broken hand just does not work.

i have been short on cash so i got a second job and have been working 55+ hour weeks. when it came time for my paycheck, i discovered that due to a glitch in the system my paycheck had been "forgotten". for over a month. i have since quit the job, but have yet to see the money.

i am up for a promotion at work, but there are two openings and 6 potential candidates, and they keep pushing the announcement date back. it's stressful!! it's a big raise, and if i get it it will help a lot. but i hate this not knowing.

last october i was diagnosed with a rare form of anemia. my blood can't absorb iron. it took months to find a therapy plan that worked for me.. each different med we tried seemed to make me sicker and sicker. we finally found something that worked (which involved huge horse pills 4 times a day! ick!). well, long story short, as of late it's not working. i am so physically exhausted that i feel heavy and gross all the time. i got home last night at 6, fell asleep at 7, and woke up at 10:30 this morning. ugh.

each of these things alone i could handle, but having them all at once (along with the move) is going to push me off the edge.
    if you're still reading this thank you! sometimes it just helps to get it all out, and you are such a kind and welcoming group of people.

love,

maura

KUNGALOOSH!!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Come vent here any time!!

Prayers, pixie dust and a big hug just for you!
    Maggie

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    That is a lot to handle at one time. Hoping that worker's comp covers that surgery, I would think it would.
    Sending some pixiedust your way....one by one, things will get better.

Lara
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This is just the place to come to vent and get a little moral support as well. Not only will packing be a challenge, but typing on a computer will be difficult as well.

Hang in there! I'm sure that everyone who takes the time to read your message will keep you in their thoughts and prayers. Make sure you check in after the surgery to let us know how you are doing.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey so sorry to hear your problems but prayer and a lot of pixie dust heading your way and a Late welcome to our family.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I will be thinking and praying for you in the next few weeks. I underestand about the not knowing about a job. I found out last week about mine and it was a great load off my mind(only 3 months of waiting)

I hope you get all of your medical issues worked out. Good luck to you!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    i didn't get the promotion.

KUNGALOOSH!!!