Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss need some pixie dust in the General Discussions forums; definitely needing some pixie dust as we are finishing packing and getting ready to drive from iowa to orlando and move into our new place. it's been stressful, as anyone ...
    figment'smoose is offline E-Ticket Holder

need some pixie dust

definitely needing some pixie dust as we are finishing packing and getting ready to drive from iowa to orlando and move into our new place.

it's been stressful, as anyone who has gone through a move before knows, and to top it off i have a stress fracture in my foot and haven't been able to do as much as i'd like to.

any magical thoughts would be appreciated.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Moving 101....it's going to be stressful. There is no getting around it...but things will get better. I can understand your frustration of not being able to do all that needs to be done. Some how it WILL get done and with the exception of leaving a small child behind...it will all be fine. I've moved to Australia and twice to England. The most stressful move was from Maryland to NY City. Go figure. I've had to give up stashes of fabric and craft items to down-size. I'll admit that I've missed some things, but I have found that I'm able to build it back up in due time - all to my husband's dismay.

Hang in there. I'm sending good thoughts and lots of magic. (If the magic works, save some for me. I'll need it in June 2008.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    by the moving van worth headed your way! This too shall pass, and you'll have your new place right near the magic to enjoy soon!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I feel your pain. Been there done that twice. (lou sudders when remembers torrential rain, the movers that didn't show up.... )
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    I feel your pain. Been there done that twice. (lou sudders when remembers torrential rain, the movers that didn't show up.... )
    Twice? Oh pleeease! LOL My daughter didn't celebrate Christmas in the same house till she was 9 years old. (I've never had movers not show. I've had movers that I wished had NOT shown up - like the last set that dropped the drawer out of my dresser. The drawer broke into several pieces and took a chunk out of the tile in the foyer in the house I no longer owned. They then broke the glass inset in my china cupboard, and refused to admit that they put a hole in my mattress....and these people were just the people taking things to storage. I still had two more packouts for the same move.)

But I digress...it will all come together. Honest.
    Hey, we could end up being neighbors! Ok, maybe that's not a positive point.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.