Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Will be gone for awhile in the General Discussions forums; I will be away from DWT for awhile. My DF (84) suffered cardiac arrest Wednesday PM. Through some kind of miracle he was at a meeting with an RN and ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Unhappy Will be gone for awhile

I will be away from DWT for awhile. My DF (84) suffered cardiac arrest Wednesday PM. Through some kind of miracle he was at a meeting with an RN and firefighter, They gave him CPR until paramedics arrived. He had to be shocked three times to bring him back. Had pacemaker and defib inplanted Friday AM and all was well until the evening and had episode where defib shocked him 23 times in a row to restore normal beat. Nurses in the CVU had never seen anyone survive that many shocks. His cardiologist said he only has 20%, at most, of heart function left. Prognosis is not good, but he is eating and talking normally most of the time.

Came home today (120 miles from the folks) to get clean clothes, etc, as DW and I will be caring for DM until we know what is what starting tomorrow. She (83 next Saturday) has dementia and is beside herself, even though she is not sure who is sick, and the seriousness of the situation. I have not had over a few hours of sleep since. Now have to find a facility that will take them bought and provide the care they need. Thankfully, we have a wonderful family and all are doing what they can.

Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers. I know I can count on my extended DWT family.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    So sorry to hear that news JC...We will keep you and your family in our thots. Take care HUGS

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Take care of yourself. An sending pixie dust and thoughts

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Very sorry to hear about your father JC. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

shadesofgreen96 is offline Don't ask me O_o
    Somewhere there in between insanity and crazyness..
    Prayers and pixie dust!
    ~*Shadesofgreen96*~

I believe
    I believe in believing - until my very last minute of truth , I don't give up . even when it will be hard to see it through
    I will go on
    I will go on , no matter what , still dedicated all the way through
    I'll live my dreams the same way I do my life , by taking one step at a time

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket View Post
    I will be away from DWT for awhile. My DF (84) suffered cardiac arrest Wednesday PM. Through some kind of miracle he was at a meeting with an RN and firefighter, They gave him CPR until paramedics arrived. He had to be shocked three times to bring him back. Had pacemaker and defib inplanted Friday AM and all was well until the evening and had episode where defib shocked him 23 times in a row to restore normal beat. Nurses in the CVU had never seen anyone survive that many shocks. His cardiologist said he only has 20%, at most, of heart function left. Prognosis is not good, but he is eating and talking normally most of the time.

Came home today (120 miles from the folks) to get clean clothes, etc, as DW and I will be caring for DM until we know what is what starting tomorrow. She (83 next Saturday) has dementia and is beside herself, even though she is not sure who is sick, and the seriousness of the situation. I have not had over a few hours of sleep since. Now have to find a facility that will take them bought and provide the care they need. Thankfully, we have a wonderful family and all are doing what they can.

Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers. I know I can count on my extended DWT family.
    u will be on my list for prayers!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Thanx everyone for your thoughtful replies. You're a grrreat bunch of people.

P.S. While most of you are still young (except for a few of us old timers who I will not mention), it is not too early to have a Living Will. My DF did not have one and in retrospect he wishes he had, as he is now second guessing his decision to have the device implanted. We are all terrified at the thought that he may have to make the decision to have the doctor turn it off at some point to end his pain and life.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    JC, I'm so sorry to hear about your DF. You guys are in my prayers.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Prayers and pixie dust go out to you and your family.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Prayers and pixie dust from our family.
    Maggie

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as well, JC.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    You and your family will be in my thougts and prayers
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My mom is 91 and just under went pacemaker surgery about a month ago. I can understand some of the problems you are encountering. I will keep you all in my prayers. You are correct in reminding people to have all your ducks in a row, even if you are young, and make sure members of your family and friend know what you're wishes are so that medical staff know that you have made plans.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    I will say a prayer for you & your family...you,re in our thoughts

I Belle
    Maggie

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    JC, You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope for the best in this situation for your family. I know it is hard, but just know the Big Guy upstairs will never give you more than you can handle! Take care and try to get some rest..
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast