Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Pixie Dust, Heat and Light To Buffalo NY in the General Discussions forums; If anyone has been watching their news or the weather channel, I'm sure you have seen the weather storm that has hit Western NY, or more specifically Buffalo NY. Well ...
    Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder

Pixie Dust, Heat and Light To Buffalo NY

If anyone has been watching their news or the weather channel, I'm sure you have seen the weather storm that has hit Western NY, or more specifically Buffalo NY. Well this Disney Fanatic has been in the dark since 530am friday morning. My grandparents are without heat and electricity since friday as well. my in laws and my sister were lucky enough to JUST get their power back on (its 10pm on sunday). My own parents were lucky enough to not loose their power so my kids (jeff 7, and emily 4) and my husband bill and i have been camped there all weekend. Our power has yet to come back on but keep your fingers crossed that it will be on soon. my kids do not have to go to school until AT LEAST wed. and some schools in the area are closed until next week.

So anyways, please send any pixie dust, heat and light to buffalo!!!! And if anyone has a family member in the electrical business and they are working here in western ny (we have crews from mass, penn, etc.) PLEASE tell them THANK YOU!!!!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Geez Karen, I knew that Buffalo got dumped on, but didn't know that you lived there. I also didn't know that there were places still battling to get the power back on. I will certainly be keeping you, your family and all of Buffalo in my thoughts and prayers! Keep warm and stay safe! We will be here waiting for you!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    What about your grandparents? Are they okay?

my grandparents are OK for now. my one set of grandparents have like 3 stoves in their house so they are cooking up a storm and they have a little house so they are keeping their house nice and warm. they are just going nuts cause they are taking care of my 90 year old aunt who is half deaf and senile. she keeps asking why they wont turn the lights on! my other grandma is stubborn. she lives in a retirement building where half the building has power, though not her part. but she refuses to stay with my parents ouse becuase "its boring there!"

at last i heard 200,000 people are w/o power and alot of people are being told that it wont be until SUNDAY when the power will be totally restored. i hope not my house!!! i want to go home!

thanks for your pixie dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse View Post
    my other grandma is stubborn. she lives in a retirement building where half the building has power, though not her part. but she refuses to stay with my parents ouse becuase "its boring there!"

That is hilarious!

OMG! I certainly hope you regain power before Sunday!

SteamboatWillie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Im near Buffalo, my power came back last night.

Steamboat Willie

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Your family is in my thoughts and prayers, Karen.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    We got our power back on at 6pm last night thank goodness. Alot of towns/villages still have driving bans and states of emergency.

Alot of businesses and schools were closed so power crews could try to get things somewhat back to normal.

Karen hope you get your power soon

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I hope your grandma's retirement village gets their power back soon. I'm sure she is driving her "powered" neighbors crazy by now!

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    you and your family are in my prayrs
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatWillie View Post
    Im near Buffalo, my power came back last night.
    OMG where are yu exactly? (yu can PM me if you dont want to tell). yu are giving me hope that my power will be back on soon. thanks to all for your messages! im having a melt down tonite (going on 5 days w/o power now) and i came on my inlaws internet to read my disney boards and to chill out. they are still saying sunday. UGH.

Well its Tuesday nite at 1130 and i am back in my house!!!!! The power has been restored!!! i am a MUCH happier person. i want to thank any National Grid person, or any member of a power authority who worked in WNY. i love you all!!!

** funny note, due to this storm my parents are upgrading their hotel from the all stars to the carribean beach resort when they go in 2 weeks. my dad is working this storm (he works for National Grid), working 17 hours a day... OVERTIME.... and cant wait to take advantage of his upgrade! LOL**

So happy to hear you are back home Karen!!!!! See...something postive can always come out of a negative!!! That's great for your Mom and Dad!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Glad all is well for everyone in Buffalo. We got lots of snow here,(Cambridge, Ontario) but nothing near as much as you did. It's funny, either we get dumped on and you don't - or the other way around, but never at the same time. I am sending you virtual Tim Horton's coffee to keep you warm.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

LOL Thanks for the Tim Hortons!!! Alot of them were still closed yesterday... my sister was going insane w/o her TO!!! ty ty ty for all the well wishes!!!