Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss Prayers and Pixie Dust for disneydreamer98 (Melissa) and family in the General Discussions forums; The 5 hour time difference came to it's for this morning as I was able to have a PM conversation (all be it slow with Melis being on dial up!) ...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    The 5 hour time difference came to it's for this morning as I was able to have a PM conversation (all be it slow with Melis being on dial up!) and I was able to talk to her.

Under the present conditios, she is coping extremely well. The poor thing is absolutely shattered and isn't sleeping well. Obviously, it has hit Jim hard and he was sound asleep earlier - something that he deserves and needs. Melis said that Tanner is confused as he doesn't fully understand what is going on and Parker is also upset at the loss of his Grandaddy which is totally understandable.

Melis is also very, very grateful for everone's kind words of comfort and that, along with her own inner strength, is helping her along in their hour of need. It just goes to show what a strong person Melis is when she can still crack a joke on the boards! (Insomniac Thread - asking for her slippers! and a couple in her PMs).
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Thanks for the update Rich! I spoke to Melis sometime after 9:00 last night so it's good to read your posts from early this morning. I'm very glad to see she was able to get on and see all of the support from her DWT family. She's been feeling it already, but I'm sure seeing it helps too! When I spoke to her last night they were still at Jim's parents' house going through paperwork and Melis said they were all exhausted. She is certainly being strong during this difficult time and I know our love , prayers , and pixie dust are helping her out a lot!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I cannot thank you all enough. I certainly felt the strength coming from my DWT family today. I am beyond exhausted right now, but knew I wanted to face the dreaded dial up tonight to sign in and check in. T, thanks for starting this thread and all of your support and Rich, thank you for passing on the information from my PM this morning. Bobby, I cannot tell you how much I've appreciated your call's and text messages.

We were able to get all of the funeral arrangements made today (I am so glad that part is over). We are only having visitation one day which will be Wednesday and the funeral is going to be at 11 AM on Thursday.

Jim's Dad had just celebrated his 74th birthday last Thursday and his Parent's wedding anniversary is on the 22nd. All of that with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up is going to be very difficult. Jim's Mom is understandably having an extremly difficult time. It hurts so bad to stand by and watch her hurt so much.

Once again, thank you everyone for your support, your prayers and any pixie dust you have sent our way....and please keep them coming.
    Glad to see you were able to get on last night Melis! I'm glad my calls and texts have helped, although I wish I was closer to help you out in any way... I'd even take care of your boys for a while if I could! Give Jim and his family our s and . I told you you had a lot of concerned DWT family members on here! We're with you all in spirit and are continuously sending LOTS of love your way!!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
    ~Bobby Jack

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Melis...
    Thank you for the update and the story about the Eagle really touched me. As my grandmother loved Bald Eagles and loved everything related to Patriotism. Please know that I am here for you as you were for me and know you can count on me to talk to or just listen. Please take care, get some rest and know we are all praying and sending pixie dust your way!

~ S
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I am so sorry Melissa, I am praying for you.
    I hope your children will be able to cope with it a little better with time. If you need anything let us know!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    You and your family are definately in my thoughts and prayers
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

As used in Four Weddings and a Funeral:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
    Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
    Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
    Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
    Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
    Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
    Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.

By W.H. Auden

Rich

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    oh melis!!

i logged on today for the first time in a few months and i had this lovely note from her in my inbox. how sad.

you know we are all here for you and your family melis. pixie dust your way, stat!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear of the news of your father in law. You and your family are in my prayers and have my deepest sympathy. May you and your entire family have the strength you will most definitely need to get through this and help your mother in law that she will so much need.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Melissa Im so so sorry for you and Jim's lost. You know you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you guys.

Sorry this is late I started the new job yesterday and just been really busy.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hi Melissa, I know Debbie Habba and I are new to this site, but We are both saddened by You and Hubbys lose. Please accept our Prayers and Comfort in this tough time.
    Jim
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Hey Melissa,
    I'm so sorry I didn't get on here to find out about this sooner. Jer called me this afternoon to let me know. Our thoughts & prayers are with you, Jim & the boys. If I can do anything from here, please don't hesitate to let me know!
    ~Summer
    PS- Thanks for all of the updates guys
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Sorry, I never caught up with you this morning, Melis.

You are still inour prayers and thoughts,

lol
    Rich & Ann
    Rich

Thanks everyone. Obviously this kinda thing isn't ever easy, but it sure is nice knowing that we have love and support coming from some many directions.

Arrow Update

Melis called me this morning, on her way to the nearest Wal Mart (which is about 40 miles away) to get some last minute things before the visitation today. They were all up late again last night still going through files, bills, etc. looking for life insurance policies and all the other paper work needed at this time. Melis is so tired and out of it at this point that she passed Wal Mart while on the phone with me and didn't realize it until she had driven a couple miles. I know she's going to sleep well after all of this.

The family is supposed to be at the funeral home around 1:00 today, but Melis said she, Jim and Parker are going earlier so Jim can see his Dad one last time before everyone starts arriving. I know it's going to be hard for them all, especially Jim, so any extra s would help. Melis is still hanging in there, but the stress that comes from all of this is certainly effecting everyone in Jim's family, as well as Melis and the boys.

Let's keep the kind thoughts , love and of course the prayers and pixie dust headed their way!
    ~Bobby Jack

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast