Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Prayers & Pixie Dust Discuss I'm Back!! :) in the General Discussions forums; Hello everyone!! I want to apologize for leaving so suddenly with no explanation. We were right in the middle of the murder game and I had a large dose of ...
    JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen

I'm Back!! :)

Hello everyone!! I want to apologize for leaving so suddenly with no explanation. We were right in the middle of the murder game and I had a large dose of life hit me. My family and I are in serious need of some prayers and pixie dust.

I have been gone for a few months, but I'm back now. I had to have major reconstructive surgery on my left hand, and while in recovery I had a severe reaction to my antibiotic/pain med and had to be hospitalized for a week. After I started to feel better, my grandmother (who is the dearest person in the world to me) suffered a series of strokes. I went to my hometown as soon as I could and spent time with her there. It was frightening for a while, but she's alright. We are extremely blessed that she made it through with only slight paralysis of her left arm. Ironically, that is the arm that I broke, so we have been doing the same physical therapy exercises!

About a week after I got home from that, my uncle fell down a hill chasing his dog and was so embarrassed that he refused to tell anyone that he was having excruciating stomach pain. Finally when his wife noticed the extent of his pain, she took him in. Turns out he ruptured his spleen when he fell, and he had to have FIVE LITERS of blood pumped from his stomach!!! FIVE. LITERS. What a stubborn guy. He is still in the hospital at this point, but they expect him to make a recovery.

I just got my cast off a few weeks ago, and I can type with all my fingers now!!!

I want to let you all know that I missed you guys! Let's catch up!

Love,

Maura

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sheesh, glad to hear things are better. Welcome back!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Maura

First, let me welcome you back. You've been missed by your family here at DWT!

Second, while we're happy to hear that for the most part, everyone is OK, our thoughts and prayers remain with you and your family.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Wow! When it rains it pours! I'm glad to hear you are all on the road to recovery. Welcome back!
    They call me "Nana"