Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Infant Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; It's been ages since I've stayed on property. Until this past year, I always stayed with my grandmother who, until she passed, lived just outside the gates to Downtown Disney ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Infant Resort

It's been ages since I've stayed on property. Until this past year, I always stayed with my grandmother who, until she passed, lived just outside the gates to Downtown Disney (on Apopka Vineland). Now I'm thinking of making my next trip a Disney Resort trip but it'll be with a 1 year old. Anyone have any suggestions on what resorts would be appropriate for him to enjoy without being overwhelmed?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    What price category are you looking at?
    Generally I would recommend a moderate like Port Orleans: Riverside. There is a lot to do right on property (nice for when one parent & baby take a nap and the other parent is restless), the rooms are equipped with mini-fridges for easy snacks and bedtime drinks, and the rooms are homey and comfortable in size. Request a first-floor room to avoid having to carry strollers up and down flights of stairs.

If money is no object, try concierge at the Polynesian or the Beach Club. When my son was 6 months we did this at BC, and at 18 months at the Poly. The convenience of having a lounge stocked with food and drink - milk, yogurt, juice boxes, goldfish crackers, etc. was wonderful, and so was having a staff of people there to change your dining reservations because little guy wasn't cooperating with the carefully made plans of 3 months ago. At the Poly we had a garden view first-floor room (small boys and balconies make me nervous), and every morning we had a parade of ducks to entertain us right outside our window.

Value, he'd probably enjoy the larger-than-life characters at All Star Movies.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I also have a one year old boy and am hoping to take him as early as next month (i just can't wait any longer). I live close to WDW so i normally just make it a day trip but I think we are going to book at Pop Century this go -round. As a grad student and single mom I cannot afford anything fancier ...and to be honest I really like POP - its close, clean, and convinient..
    Let me know how things work out with your little one!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Well we've officially booked a stay at the All Star Movies resort. We couldn't really swing moderate or what I really wanted so that will work. I think he'll love it - all the colors etc. will really get his attention! Wish us luck! LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Jen, ASMo is a great choice!!!! All the over sized Disney Icons are great! My Son considers the Toy Story buildings our home away from home!