Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss The truth about CBR. in the Vacation Planning forums; I keep reading all these terrible review on the CBR. I've read a few good ones in the mix, but this is where I was planning on staying next trip. ...
    Adribell-JZP is offline A-Ticket holder

The truth about CBR.

I keep reading all these terrible review on the CBR. I've read a few good ones in the mix, but this is where I was planning on staying next trip. I've heard the rooms are dirty and stinky and the resort is so big all you do is walk. If anyone has stayed here or knows anything about it, I would appreciate the info. Maybe a pros and cons list, something so I can decide if I need to chose another resort. Thanks!

Disney Bound '08 (wish it was sooner)

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    i've been there a few times.... last time was last summer on my honeymoon (don't ask what happened to the marriage)....

it's alright.. not one of my favorties..

depending on which building you stay in there can be a lot of walking. as far as the place being dirty... it was clean to me... yet the last time we went they were in the middle of fixing up the rooms... our room was already done it had been freshly painted, new carpets, and new tile work in the bathroom.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    My only real issue is with the size and layout. Even with a car, things like the store and food areas are very far from most buildings, necessitating either taking a bus or enduring quite a long walk. A little too spread out for my liking. I think the Port Orleans resorts far surpass CBR on all levels - rooms, food, shops, theming, etc.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We really liked CBR when we stayed there for the Millenium Celebration. We were near a bus stop and near the "lobby." The food court was a pleasant stroll along a white sand beach. We found it pleasant and romantic. It was also a lot quieter than some of the other resorts.
    They call me "Nana"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We stayed at CBR twice, but not recently. We loved our stays there, and only opted to go elsewhere because we wanted to see some of the other resorts. I actually prefer the open type of room where you exit your room and your outside, to a hotel room setup. I like having some walking space to get from the room to the lobby and food court. It's a pretty, relaxing stroll and you get to see what the weather is like for the day before venturing out. I guess if I had small children, that might make a difference. I remember the rooms to be clean, but not overly spacious. I tend to remember the rooms having small refrigerators, but I may be mistaken.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Actually, the rooms at CBR are slightly larger than the rooms at the other moderate resorts.
    They call me "Nana"

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I loved the CBR. It was not dirty at all.
    If you are concerned about walking a far distance then see if you can request to be in Aruba. We were right next to the bridge over to the food court, pool. There was also a bus stop near by although we normally caught the bus stop by the food court because we would stop there first for a small breakfast. We must have gotten lucky but I felt we were very close and did not have to walk far. The little walk we did have was nice as well.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I stayed at CBR in December of 2005. I liked it a lot! The only bad thing I could say is that it is kind of big but it doesn't matter that much because each area has its own bus stop. I really liked it though.

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    I have stayed there twice and I love it!
    First time we stayed in Jamaica, second time we stayed in Aruba. Both are right next to the bridge.
    Request one of these buildings or one of the preferred next to the food court.
    The rooms were very nice and clean.

I say go for it! We will stay there again.

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

Adribell-JZP is offline A-Ticket holder
    With a little more exploration, I'm really thinking I may like POFQ better...Decisions decisions, I just don't know now. It's not like we're really be spending a ton of time in the rooms, but I still want it to be a special experience. Last time we stayed in the cabins at Ft Wilderness and that was awesome, but I want to branch out and stay somewhere different this time, but want to stick with a moderate resort this time around. Hmmmmm

Disney Bound '08 (wish it was sooner)

We really like Riverside better than French Quarter. Just my 2 cents.
    They call me "Nana"

DS2007 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Right here! Just off I-95 between Jacksonville & Key West
    I've stayed at the CBR and now that you mention it, the size and layout were noticeably big. I too would prefer Riverside or French Quarter though my favorite moderate would be Coronado Springs!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I stayed at CBR for Mousefest, my second time at the resort. I had a room in Aruba, overlooking the parking lot for the most part. The room had recently been redone and was quite nice and clean. There was a bus stop just across the parking lot from the building. The bus service is a little odd, because the buses go all the way around the resort, sometimes more than once, before going out to the parks because they are also used for internal resort transportation. I had a car, so I only used the busses to go to MK.

The other thing they do there is have separate buildings for check in/out and for the food court/restaurant/gift shop - separated by quite a distance. Both PO resorts have them in the same building.

As for being spread out, yes, it is, but it is lovely to walk around. My first stay we were in the farthest building in the farthest section, and it was about a 10 minute walk to the food court. Didn't mind it much in the mornings because it was so pretty walking along the lake shore. Didn't want to do it in the evenings with tired feet though!

Riverside can be a hike, too, especially in the back of the Alligator Bayou section. I believe they are renovating the Riverside food court currently, and it will be closed through the spring.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Figment_nh is offline A-Ticket holder
    We stayed there Aug of 06 and although the resort is Beautiful We found that it was WAY to spread out to efficently (sp) utilitize the ammenities . As someone else pointed out from our room to the food court/shops & main pool area was a 10 Min walk each way. and even using the internal bus (or trying to hop a park bus) saved us very little time.

Bus service was very slow and usually full buses (standing room only) when they arrived at the bus stop.Many time the cast member would have to call for buses after 30-40 mins waiting.

As a whole if we were there to enjoy the resort it would have been wonderful - but we weren't and it made for a less relaxed stay then what we are used to ..

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment_nh View Post
    We stayed there Aug of 06 and although the resort is Beautiful We found that it was WAY to spread out to efficently (sp) utilitize the ammenities . As someone else pointed out from our room to the food court/shops & main pool area was a 10 Min walk each way. and even using the internal bus (or trying to hop a park bus) saved us very little time.

Bus service was very slow and usually full buses (standing room only) when they arrived at the bus stop.Many time the cast member would have to call for buses after 30-40 mins waiting.

As a whole if we were there to enjoy the resort it would have been wonderful - but we weren't and it made for a less relaxed stay then what we are used to ..
    You were unlucky with your bus experiences. I've stayed at CBR twice and had no bus complaints either time. Well, there was ONE time when we waited about 30 minutes for a bus, but that was one time out of many many rides that we took.

Someone else mentioned that the park buses are also used for internal transit. This is not true. There are dedicated "internal shuttle" buses. I mean, I can't say it NEVER happened, but it is not designed that way and if it did happen it's a total fluke.
    -- Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast