Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Help - Need Advice in the Vacation Planning forums; I am an FL resident annual passholder and just found out that a friend I have not seen in years is going to be at a convention at Disney for ...
    TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Help - Need Advice

I am an FL resident annual passholder and just found out that a friend I have not seen in years is going to be at a convention at Disney for 5 days. She was given passes for 7 days but has to check out of her resort at the end of the 5 days. This is the problem, she is going to be there the week prior to presidents day weekend. I need a VALUE room from Feb. 16-18th. I am on a tight budget because I just got back from Disney and had already planned a March trip. I have tried everything to book a value even considered a moderate but there is NOTHING. No AP discount, no FL discount, not even a room at regular rates. I hate to sound like a total brat but I dont want to stay off property. We have a temporary booking at the Best Western near downtown Disney but I am hoping something will come up. I check everday hoping for a cancelation. Any advice out there?
    Annual Passholder.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Did you check out the hotels right by Downtown Disney? They aren't really considered "on property", but they are pretty darn close to being just that.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Call CRO every day, even twice a day. This worked for me in getting a code discount at my resort-of-choice. I had a reservation at POFQ. Then the discount code came out, and the only moderate it was available at was POR. I made the switch, but called back every day to see if the code would be available at POFQ (coes are only allowed when occupancy dips below a certain percentage, meaning I had to hope for some cancelations).

Luckily for me, I was able to book in POFQ with the code about on eweek later, after calling once or twice a day all week.

Keep trying. You might just get lucky!
    -- Eric

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I agree with Mini-V, try some of the neighboring hotels. Most of them have transport to Disney for free if not a nominal fee.

What about Fort Wilderness? Camp it out and you'ree still on Disney property! I'm sure they'd have some tent sites available!

KUNGALOOSH!!!