Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Riverside or French Quarter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Port Orleans: French Quarter or riverside??? in the Vacation Planning forums; I stayed at POFQ in January and I'll be staying at POR in May. So I'll finally be able to compare the two. I did fall in love with FQ ...
    I stayed at POFQ in January and I'll be staying at POR in May. So I'll finally be able to compare the two. I did fall in love with FQ when I was there.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i like riverside alot

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Riverside has always been the choice for my family. We have 3 children and Riverside had all the ammenities you'd expect for a family. We always stayed in the Mansions (Mangolia Bend mostly) which is close to the bridge to the pool and close to a bus stop.
    From what I've heard, FQ is good for adults and is certainly much smaller. But the winding trails, onsite restuarant, beautiful landscaping of Riverside "had me at hello".

Tony

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My vote is for FQ. The pool is just cool. Also, it was nice only having one bus stop and having a seat on that bus.

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I can't vote, as I haven't been to either resort. But the main question is whether the rooms are nicer in one hotel or the other, since you can travel freely between the two resorts and use the restaurant,pool, etc. I am also thinking of staying there in Dec for 10 days so any opinions to the actual rooms would be great!
    minniesmh

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    We loved POFQ for our honeymoon as it was quiet and v romantic. Riverside is probably better if you are a family.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by minniesmh View Post
    I can't vote, as I haven't been to either resort. But the main question is whether the rooms are nicer in one hotel or the other, since you can travel freely between the two resorts and use the restaurant,pool, etc. I am also thinking of staying there in Dec for 10 days so any opinions to the actual rooms would be great!
    The rooms in French Quarter and the Magnolia Bend sections of Riverside are very similar in style. The Alligator Bayou section of Riverside is furnished differently. All the rooms have the same basic furniture - 2 double beds, bench, mini-fridge, small table & 2 chairs, nightstand, and TV armoire with drawers. Some of the Alligator Bayou rooms have a trundle bed (small flat bed with thin mattress that rolls under one of the others, suitable for a child) so they can sleep 5 people.
    French Quarter and the Magnolia Bend mansions are three stories with elevators; Alligator Bayou buildings are 2 stories with no elevators.

Here is a room in French Quarter:

This is a Magnolia Bend room (in Parterre Place building):

and this is one in Alligator Bayou:

Hope this helps!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123