Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Riverside or French Quarter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Port Orleans: French Quarter or riverside??? in the Vacation Planning forums; Me and my family were trying to decide where to stay for our next rip to the world and we have narrowed it down to Port Orleans! We just cant ...
    chacha is offline C-Ticket Holder

Port Orleans: French Quarter or riverside???

Me and my family were trying to decide where to stay for our next rip to the world and we have narrowed it down to Port Orleans! We just cant decide if we should stay at French Quarter or Riverside. HELP!!!!

Theres always room for one more!
    [/CENTER]
    canuckpodperson on Magical Mountain forums!

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    We just return from our first Disney Trip and we stayed @ FQ and i thought it was beautiful and it's easier to get around then Riverside.
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

chacha is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks!

Theres always room for one more!
    [/CENTER]
    canuckpodperson on Magical Mountain forums!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Both resorts have so much to offer! I loved FQ for adults - it just felt more romantic somehow. Riverside my family enjoyed very much. The pool and playground on Ol' Man Island are a lot of fun, and there were so many things we didn't even get to try, like fishing and renting boats from the marina. We did rent a surrey bike and that was fun. The resorts are close enough to each other you can walk between them, or take the water taxi that runs all the way to Downtown Disney.
    Riverside's food court is undergoing a major renovation right now through the spring. Not sure when you are planning your trip for.

Maybe the best compromise is to stay in the Magnolia Bend section of Riverside - the rooms are similar in decor to FQ and the buildings are not as spread out as in the Alligator Bayou section. Parterre Place is the building at Riverside closest to FQ, yet it's just a short walk over a bridge to the main building/food court of Riverside
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I voted for Riverside, I love that place. Plus, you have the options of the Mansions or the Alligator Bayou!!!
    I did walk through FQ this past weekend and it is a nice place. The dining hall area is a little overdown with the mardi gras theme, but the place is kinda cool.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    If it's still the same as a year ago, FQ was the first bus stop (if you are riding) both to be picked up and let off. You will get a seat when you get on and you won't have to wait to go all the way around when you are returning.

Chesters_Liver is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I prefer FQ to the Riverside, its smaller and more quaint

VistaWay93 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have stayed at Riverside for the past 4 years and will be making another trip there in May. I think that we just like the spaciousness and the ralaxing feeling of the whole area. Plus the waterfront area at Riverside and Ol' Man Island are hard to beat for scenery and R&R away from the parks. If we are staying for 4 or more days we always choose Riverside.

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    We stayed at the FQ last Feb. and it was nice. I personally like the feel of Riverside myself. We had dinner there at there nice resturaunt and walked along the river and watched the horse pulled carriage go around the paths. The FQ seemed a little dark to Me with all the dark Iron railings and dark colors. Riverside seemed very peaceful. Just an opinion.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    My family and I stayed at FQ last October. It is much smaller so there is a lot less walking. My sister had a broken angle so this really helped. FQ only has 1 bus stop so it is easier to get to. You don't get lost and you don't have to hoof it when you are barely awake in the morning and pooped when you are headed back at night. Plus, you always get a seat. The food court has some yummies that you won't get anywhere else. True, it is a bit loud in decor, though. The swimming pool is one of the best for kids because it has a giant waterslide. Definitely stay at FQ. The whole ease of transportation to and from parks is so worth it.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    French Quarter is very pretty, but the rooms feel older to me. Also, I don't like the decor of the food court. The huge masks are a little creepy... My family prefers Riverside - especially the Alligator Bayou. The trees everywhere make it feel a little more private than Magnolia Bend (but those rooms are lovely, too).
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I voted for Riverside. We have stayed there our last 3 trips and I just like the feel of Magnolia Bend. But when we take the boat to downtown disney I like all the rooms in FQ that over look the river.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Sharpays Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    We liked the FQ when my daughter was small and my parents older. It's compact with all the amenties available with not too much walking. Great for tired folks of any age but especially small children and seniors.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    My family LOVES Riverside. We LOVE the rooms. Very cozy and cute. We also loved the decor. It is one of my favorite resorts.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I've never stayed in either of them so I'm not much help, but French Quarter seems more compact while Riverside seems more spread out! Not sure if that matters but we walked around Riverside last wednesday and it was spread out definitely!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast