Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Concierge Level... in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok ok...What is it? Where can you get it? And is it worth the extra money? Any help from anyone that's taken advantage of it would be much appreciated Thanks!!...
    Adribell-JZP is offline A-Ticket holder

Concierge Level...

Ok ok...What is it? Where can you get it? And is it worth the extra money?
    Any help from anyone that's taken advantage of it would be much appreciated
    Thanks!!

Disney Bound '08 (wish it was sooner)

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Concierge level at Disney resorts is sort of an add-on to the normal resort experience. Think of it as upgrading to first class seats in an airplane. What you get may or may not be worth the extra money to you and if you are looking for “value” from spending the money for concierge than maybe doing concierge is not a good idea. What I mean is some people hope to get what they pay the extra for back in saving on food. Since I don’t know if that is what you mean I will not assume that you are asking that.

Concierge levels are at the Deluxe resorts and here is how the concierge management explain concierge.

Concierge is a level of service that you are paying for by the higher price of our rooms and having a private building. The food in our amenity lounge is not what they are paying for, it is an amenity that is offered since they are staying in the building. The cost goes to paying for the staff that is there to assist you. You are also in a secure building and the rooms have extras like robes, phones in the toilet area, DVD players, premium location and automatic turndown service”

These are some of the perks of staying concierge along with having a concierge desk for checking in and having things taken care of. The Polynesian happens to have these things all in one building. Other resorts are different and your room can be much farther from the lounge and concierge desk. Also our concierge room when staying at the AKL was not in a separate or secured area of the resort.

Here is more info about the Polynesian concierge service and remember it is different at each resort.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com...geservice.html

Aloha

Steve

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    We have utilized concierge on several trips and in several different resorts.

If you're looking for value, it's not really there. On some of my trips, it was my DD and I and a friend and her DD. Since we split the cost of the room, it was a great value with the snacks and service we received since this was an annual birthday trip for the girls.

The concierge service is worthwhile if you need help planning your trip because they can take care of your ADR's and other event arrangements. This is especially helpful if you are there celebrating something like a birthday or anniversary. When the concierge staff makes your arrangements, I have found that you sometimes get better service.

If you can afford to utilize concierge, I highly recommend it. I have used this service at the Polynesian, GF, Yacht & Beach Club and AKL. The level of service you get depends on the staff at the resort. The lounges also differ between resorts. If you decide to try it, make sure you look for reviews and get opinions on all of them.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Adribell-JZP is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm not so sure it would be right for me, right now anyway....Plus the cost. This was all really helpful though. It sounds great though, we may check into for future trips. And by future I mean after the future one that I'm already planning!!

Disney Bound '08 (wish it was sooner)