Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss coronado springs restaurants in the Vacation Planning forums; im staying at Coronado Springs coming this may. This will be our first time staying at this resorts...this is the only moderate we have not stayed at and was wondering ...
    peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder

coronado springs restaurants

im staying at Coronado Springs coming this may. This will be our first time staying at this resorts...this is the only moderate we have not stayed at and was wondering how the restaurants there were. Are they worth trying?
    shannon

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm also going in May and staying at the Coronado. We stayed there in 2005 for the first time. The Peppermarket is pretty good. A lot of choices. Maya Grill, to expensive for my taste, and the choices for our kid's was limited. But then again we'll have the Dining Plan this time.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    coronado is my favorite resort... I have to agree with Disney05 about the Maya grill being too expensive. But the Peppermarket is GREAT!!! ecspecially for breakfast. Its buffet style except for every "station" you get a stamp and then at the end you go to the cashier and pay. I loved their massive ommelettes. anyways... i have to stop ranting.. Hope you enjoy your trip!
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder
    ooohh I love the Pepper Market! It is such a great fresh food court concept...being on the dining plan helps b/c it adds up fast!

the Maya Grill was very good, we ate there on our first night and had a late seating (approx 9pm) the service was spotty at best. The dining room was only half full and there seemed to be plenty of servers....I know that there were 6 of us but one person did not get served their meal...they just didn't bring it out....time went by and the server finally reappeared and was completely baffled by the fact that one of our party wasn't served then mumbled something about them only having one grill running.....15 more minutes and the meal appears. We didn't get charged the server was very kind, just was unfortunate that we all didn't eat together.

The quality of the food at Coronado to me seems much higher than some of the other resorts. I really enjoyed our time there and even though we had a small problem it was a great experience.

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i only ate at the Pepper Market and i thought it was good...i like that you have options...not one of my faves and we only ate breakfast there...but the food was fresh and besides it's disney so you can't really go wrong.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    thanks everyone i cant wait for may now!!
    shannon

collins316 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We stayed at CS in Dec 2006. We ate at both the Maya Grill, and the Pepper Market. We were on the dining plan, so the cost of dinner was not an issue at the Maya Grill. But I thought it was the best meal we had the entire week. Better than the Concourse steakhouse, and much much better than the Yachtsman Steak house.
    The other benefit to the Maya Grill was that it was not very crowded. Some Disney restraunts have the tables so close together you are almost involved in the conversation of the group next to you. The Maya Grill was more spread out, and that is worth paying a little extra to me.
    We went to Pepper market for breakfast. Be careful if you are on the dining plan there. I anded up having to pay extra, because we had picked up too many individual things.