Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which is all around better: Pop Century or Caribbean Beach Resort?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pop century or Carribean beach resort??? in the Vacation Planning forums; Would you rather stay at Pop century resort or Carribean beach resort?? I've heard so many pro's and con's to both, i'm kind of confused which to stay at. I ...
    starlightbh8 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Pop century or Carribean beach resort???

Would you rather stay at Pop century resort or Carribean beach resort??

I've heard so many pro's and con's to both, i'm kind of confused which to stay at. I will most likely go in the second week of JUNE.

The pop century would be cheaper, but would it be worth it to pay a little more to stay at the cbr?

Which has the better and faster bus transportation??? Especiallly for crowded June.

Any tips or experiences you would like to share??? I would love the input and it would definitely help my planning. Thanks so much!!!
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    It really depends on how much you are in your room. I really enjoyed my stay at the Pop. The Pop has it's own bus, which is nice for a value resort.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

I'd probabley spend most of my time in the parks, but coming back to a comfortable and clean room in the night and not having to hear people outside my room would by nice.

Would there be more kids running around at the pop century resort in June as opposed to CBR?? That's what i would think, and does that make it worth it to stay at CBR instead??
    Ariel: [singing] "Up where they walk/up where they run/up where they stay all day in the sun/Wanderin' free/wish I could be/Part of that world..."

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    You might have a little quieter time at CBR - and that depends on what "island" area you are in. Check out the layout and see if you can get an outside place away from the main pool. I have only stayed at CBR once, but it was really nice.
    But I liked Pop Century and it was always clean and a nice room - a little smaller than a moderate, but plenty of room for 2 people.
    I know, that didn't help at all, did it?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneygurl213 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If your going to spend alot of time at your hotel and have a longer than 4 day trip I vote for carribean beach.

If you don't want to spend alot of money and going to spend less time at the hotel the go for Pop.

I've stayed at both and personally I like Pop Century better =)

The Magic still lives

I'll most likely be there June 9- June 16

I've read a lot of post that complained how dirty and filthy the carpets and the rooms in general where at the CBR. Is this true?? Maybe they are overexaggerting, not sure.

And for Pop, is it better to pay for a preffered room to be closer to the bus stop, or just try and request a different building like the 70's (which might be closer?). Not much of a pool fan so maybe the preffered building might not be so great, but it's just the bus stop i'm concerned about, hmmm decisions .

Thanks for continueing to give more input, believe me, it's definitely helping .

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Any posts by anybody saying that an entire Disney property's rooms/grounds/common areas are always dirty and filthy is just plain wrong, or lying, or both. Disney just doesn't operate that way. I'm sure there are incidents of problems here and there, but they are not a permanent, chronic problem ANYWHERE.

Some differences ....

CBR's rooms are 340 square feet. Pop's are 260 square feet.

CBR has a table-service restaurant. Pop doesn't.

CBR's main pool has a pool slide, and a separate Jacuzzi. Pop's has neither.

CBR has lush landscaping. Pop has more hardscaping, but also a more whimsical look to it.

CBR is very spread out, so even when it's crowded it never feels crowded (except at the main pool).

CBR has on-demand Bell Services. Pop has Luggage Assistance than runs on a schedule.

CBR's bus stops are covered, Pop's bus stop is not covered.

CBR has watercraft rentals. Pop doesn't.

CBR has mini-fridges standard in each room. At Pop you must pay extra for a fridge.

If anything that CBR has that Pop doesn't have matters to you, then CBR is worth the extra money. If you read this list and say "So what?", then Pop seems like a better fit for you.
    -- Eric

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    If you can wait a few weeks for some additional feedback, my gf and I are leaving on our week long spring break trip in 2 weeks. We're staying the first half the week at Pop Century (for cost reasons), and then the last three nights at Caribbean Beach in order to try something a little different and slightly more upscale for a change. Our last several trips have all been to Pop. We like it, but it would be nice to see something different too.

So... in about 3 weeks time I will hopefully be able to answer ANY of your questions on either of these two resorts!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Thanks for the list CleveRocks, it was very helpful to see more pro's and con's! And MainStreet, USA I would really appreciate it thanks!

Would it be better to get a preffered room at either hotel? I would like to be closer to the main building or bus stop, but should i just try and request it?

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I have not stayed at POP, but I LOOOVEEED Caribbean Beach and would go back there in a second. So that would be my vote.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I really enjoyed Pop Century. The theming was great and the whole atmosphere was fun. I've stayed at CBR twice and found it to be just a bit too spread out for me. Of the two I preferrred Pop Century.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    We have stayed at both resorts numerous times.

How many are in your party? We don't stay at Pop anymore when all four of us (DH, DD 15, DS 12 and myself) are together because it's just too crowded even if you're only in your room to sleep.

Our most recent visit to Pop was last March. If you decide on Pop, don't pay extra for a preferred room. We always request a room in the 70's building and have gotten one every time. It's not too far a walk to the food court or bus stop. Plus, you can park in the 80's parking lot and not have to walk so far with your luggage.

Our most recent visit to CBR was last October. The rooms had recently been refurbished and we couldn't have been happier. Yes, it is spread out, but if you walk to Old Port Royale along the waterway it doesn't seem too far. It was much quieter than Pop and much more peaceful.

You're sure to get opinions both ways here. Look over the pro/con list to help you decide - it's very accurate. I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what you decide.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Party of four in my family and the youngest is fourteen. So would it be cramped in the Pop room for us?

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by starlightbh8 View Post
    Thanks for the list CleveRocks, it was very helpful to see more pro's and con's! And MainStreet, USA I would really appreciate it thanks!

Would it be better to get a preffered room at either hotel? I would like to be closer to the main building or bus stop, but should i just try and request it?
    I can only speak for CBR ....

There are 7 bus stops for park buses at CBR. Each of the 6 villages has its own bus stop, plus there's one at Old Port Royale, the hub of main pool/food court/restaurant/water craft rentals/outdoor bar/gift shops. Since there's a bus stop at every village, NO ONE is far from a bus stop.

At CBR, preferred location means being in one of the 6 buildings closest to OPR. These are half the buildings in Martinique (24-25-26) and all 3 buildings in Trinidad North (31-32-33). To guarantee one of these rooms, you must reserve it and pay for it. Depending on season, it's $15-$26 extra per night. If you merely request it rather than reserve and pay for it, realize that everyone who reserved and paid for it is in line ahead of you, and preferred location rooms do sell out ... not all the time of course, but it's not unusual for them to sell out. Even if they have some available when you check in, there's still no sure thing that you'll get that request as a free upgrade ... it could possibly be offered to you if you choose to pay for it.
    -- Eric

Thanks again for the help CleveRocks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast