Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Difference between Beach Club and Saratoga Springs in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going down to WDW during May and we have been wanting to stay at Disney's Beach Club for quite some time. But we stumbled on a travel agent ...
    kik4adog is offline A-Ticket holder

Difference between Beach Club and Saratoga Springs

We are going down to WDW during May and we have been wanting to stay at Disney's Beach Club for quite some time. But we stumbled on a travel agent that is selling time at Saratoga Springs DVC for $130 a night and we felt that would be a good way to save some money and still get a nice hotel.
    Plus we have been to WDW so many times that we enjoy staying at a new resort every time we go down so that would be an excuse to try out a new resort.

So we decided to do 5 nights at Beach Club and 3 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    My question is, do you think that when we check out of Beach Club and check into Saratoga Springs we are going to be dissapointed and wishing we were still at the Beach Club?
    Amenities are a big factor in what we look for in a resort. Such as a nice pool and nice restaraunts that are in short walking distance from our rooms.
    Also another big factor is closeness to the parks. I know I'm going to miss walking to Epcot from Beach Club but people have told me that Downtown Disney is walking disntance from Saratoga. Is it a short walk or more like a hike?
    My wife on the other hand is definitely concerned with the luxuries of the room such as nice linens and closet space.Go figure....haha.

I know that both resorts look amazing on the web site, it's just that we tend to get spoiled when we go to WDW and I was just concerned about ending our vacation at Saratoga.
    Any thoughts and opinions are welcome.
    Thanks
    ~Bryan~

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I'll try and answer some of your questions for you.

Your question regarding the pools is the easiest to answer - Yacht & Beach Club's Stormalong Bay pool is the best on Disney property. The pool at Saratoga Springs is decent, but there's no comparison.

At Beach Club, you have four restaurants within a short distance: Cape May Cafe, Beaches & Cream, Yacht Club Galley and Yachtsman Steakhouse. At Saratoga, you have the Turf Club and Artist's Palette, which is really just a food court. Both resorts offer other choices within a short distance - DTD for Saratoga and Boardwalk for Beach Club.

Amenities are nicer at Beach Club. Plus, if you rent points from a DVC member rather than book a room through Disney you will not have housekeeping service. That means you are responsible for making your beds, vacuuming and other housekeeping services.

The closest park to Saratoga is Epcot. Yes, DTD is close to Saratoga, but it's not like the walk from Beach Club to Epcot.

If I were going to do a split stay between the two resorts, I would start with Saratoga and end with Beach Club. I'd rather be spoiled at the end of my trip than the beginning.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have to disagree totally with WDW4us2. Saratoga might not have as nice a pool as beach club but that is where is stops. The facillities at Saratoga are much nicer than Beach Club. The rooms are nicer and so are the views. Saratoga also has a beautiful fitness center and there pool is one of the best on property. Downtown Disney is really close. They have boat that transfer you between Saratoga and DTD. They also have bike rentals and those car type bike rentals at Saratoga. Not to mention an awesome golf course. The only thing better about Beach club is the pool and the walk to epcot.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Thanks guys....I appreciate the reviews of the resorts. I have never been to either one and it sounds like I'll enjoy both of them. That makes me feel a lot better.
    If anyone else has other views I'd love to hear them.
    Thanks
    ~Bryan~

dbm20th is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    The only thing better about Beach club is the pool and the walk to epcot.
    But don't minimize that at all. It's a HUGE plus being able to walk to half the parks rather than take the bus
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."

Mouse Extra
    determined to feed the Disney Addiction
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Crazy4Mickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    We just returned from SSR. It is currently divided into 5 areas. The Grandstands is closest to the golf course and the newest part. Currently, it is the first stop for the buses. There is also the Paddock, the Carousel, Congress, and The Springs region. The Springs is closest to the food and big pool. It is also the last stop for the bus so sometimes you end up standing if it is crowded. We took the boat over to DTD. It was a nice relaxing ride and we never waited long. I was not looking forward to the bus trips to the parks but overall it wasn't bad. If you want to be close to the main area, make sure to request a room in the Springs. Being on a golf course, it is definetely a big resort. I would agree with staying at SSR first then going to Beach Club if you enjoy being close to the park areas.
    Crazy4Mickey

That's good information to know. We always drive the parks anyway unless we're in walking distance or staying at a monorail resort so the closeness to the bus stops really isn't as important as being close to the food and amenities.

I'll definitely be requesting a Springs room. Thanks for the info.
    ~Bryan~