Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Boardwalk Inn??? in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay - my family is booked into the Boardwalk Inn in July - 3 rooms, we have reqeusted Lake View. On one forum I noticed someone said the Boardwalk was ...
    Coby'smama is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Boardwalk Inn???

Okay - my family is booked into the Boardwalk Inn in July - 3 rooms, we have reqeusted Lake View. On one forum I noticed someone said the Boardwalk was in need of some rehab. Now I'm starting to worry a bit. But HakunaMatata right? This is lots of $$ - and our 30th anniversary trip. I want it to be right! We tried to get Lake View in the Beach Club or Yacht Club and all that was left was concierge level - a bit too pricey. Anyone stayed at the Boardwalk recently and find it getting shabby? I'm interested in any tips anyone might have about staying there too.

1976 College Spring Break! With best friend!
    1977 Honeymooned at the Polynesian
    1978 stayed off site - Main Gate Howard Johnsons
    1986 Stayed lagoon view Polynesian - 2 kids!
    1988 Hubby and me at Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
    1990-Off site cheapy hotel! With 2 kids!
    1996 with friends at their time share-now with 3 kids
    2000 took 7 year old on a surprise destination trip-Dolphin Resort
    2000 - My son & daugher-in-law honeymoon at the Polynesian
    2001 - My daughter Sr. Class trip stayed at AllStar Music
    2007 - 30 year anniversary trip with the whole family - 2 adult kids, 15 yr. old and daughter-in-law - Boardwalk Inn
    September 2009!!! Beach Club - me, hubby and best buds - no kids this time around. How exciting!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I think people's opinion of "shabby" may be different. Could you be more specific about what that forum said about BoardWalk? What are they used to in a WDW resort compared to the BoardWalk?

I stay at the BoardWalk quite frequently, as it is my home resort. However since I am DVC, I'm only familiar with the DVC units in the Villas portion of the resort. We have never stayed in the Inn portion.

As far as the BoardWalk as a resort needing a rehab, it seems to me they are always doing something when I'm there...replacing boards on the BoardWalk itself, painting, Keister Coaster rehab, etc. I've never found it bothersome.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    We spent our Second Honeymoon at Boardwalk Villas(DVC) and are going back to BWV again for our family vacation this summer.

Lou stayed in a Boardwalk Inn Garden Suite on his trip last summer. Maybe he can give you some insight to the Inn side of the Boardwalk when he returns from the trip he is currently on.

You can find photos of the Boardwalk Inn and more information by Clicking Here for AllEarsNet

Enjoy!
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 03-09-2007 at 12:04 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

I'll be looking forward to hearing from Lou. As far as the "shabby" reviews. I think the word "shabby" was mine - but several reviews from allears.net talked about dirty balconies, Fruit Loops on the floor when they got there, dirty mirrors, and one talked about an extreme mold problem. From this website, someone had a list of resorts they'd stayed at and next the Boardwalk Inn they had "needs rehab" or something like that. Hence the little question marks swimming around in my head.
    But then I think the above were probably just isolated incidents that Disney has done its best to combat.
    Anyone know anyway to insure getting the rooms you'd like for certain? We booked through AAA travel and our agent said she would be the greasy wheel regarding the Lake View rooms, adjoining if possible. I was wondering if there was anything I could do personally.
    Also - do all Boardwalk rooms have balconies? Hope so!
    Thanks!

2007 - 30 year anniversary trip with the whole family - 2 adult kids, 15 yr. old and daughter-in-law - Boardwalk Inn
    September 2009!!! Beach Club - me, hubby and best buds - no kids this time around. How exciting!

Hmm, that list sounds to me like a mousekeeping issue. I've never experienced anything like that on the DVC side of the resort. Which is odd when you consider DVC stays in the Villas don't get daily mousekeeping whereas the Inn side does... I wonder if our villas get a better thorough cleaning between guests than the Inn side? YMMV seems to be appropriate here.

As far as getting rooms you want, it's BEST to request a general area than a specific room. For example, I now request a room near the elevator. That opens up more opportunities than saying I want a specific room #. Requests are not guaranteed, but I have found it is helpful to have it written on your confirmation.

As far as I know, all the rooms at the BW have patios or balconies...but again my exeprience is limited to the DVC villas.

Also regarding adjoining rooms, there is a difference to Disney for "adjoining" and "connecting" rooms. Make sure you request the one you want. Connecting means there is an interior door between the two rooms, you do not need to go into the hallway to go to the other room. Adjoining just means the rooms are next to one another, but you will have to go into the hallway to go to the other room.
    Amanda

Hey thanks for the tip about the "adjoining vs. connecting" cause I was hoping to get at least two of the rooms "connecting" and the 3rd room either one. You may be right about the difference between the Inn and the Villas in cleaning. You can tell I'm new at this - what does "YMMV" stand for?
    Have you been to Spoodles for breakfast? And what about the continental breakfast in the upstairs lounge? Maybe since you've got a kitchen at the Villas you haven't been.

Oops, sorry about that. YMMV is Your Mileage May Vary.

I have eaten at Spoodles, but not for breakfast. I know a few DVCers who do in fact enjoy the breakfast there. I haven't done the continental breakfast in the lounge...and you are right, breakfast is the meal I am most likely to cook in our kitchen.
    Amanda

Okay - Boardwalk Inn experts - July is approaching and we have requested Lake View for our rooms. Should I and when should I start being a greasy wheel in seeing if we can get those for sure? Also - if you have a lake view at the Boardwalk does that mean you can't view EPCOT? I'm trying to remember how the rooms were positioned around the lake. It's been like 6 years since we've been to Disney and we stayed at the Dolphin. We had a lovely view of a bridge, the lake beyone and EPCOT beyone that. I've made all of our meal reservations. My 28 year old is bummed - he wants to be spontaneous in deciding where to eat - but from what I'm told with July crowds we are silly not to do so. We are on the meal plan. Ohhh I'm getting more excited!

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    only the DVC villas side face EPCOT (and not all of those do either)...because after the lobby area, the lake starts to curve so the inns would be facing the hotels across the lake.

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just looked at photos of the boardwalk...and i think i'm wrong...whoops

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Coby'smama View Post
    Okay - Boardwalk Inn experts - July is approaching and we have requested Lake View for our rooms. Should I and when should I start being a greasy wheel in seeing if we can get those for sure? Also - if you have a lake view at the Boardwalk does that mean you can't view EPCOT? I'm trying to remember how the rooms were positioned around the lake. It's been like 6 years since we've been to Disney and we stayed at the Dolphin. We had a lovely view of a bridge, the lake beyone and EPCOT beyone that. I've made all of our meal reservations. My 28 year old is bummed - he wants to be spontaneous in deciding where to eat - but from what I'm told with July crowds we are silly not to do so. We are on the meal plan. Ohhh I'm getting more excited!
    Check this out...

http://www.ipkonfig.com/Articles/Spa...cot_center.jpg

As you can see from this aeriel photo of the Boardwalk Inn the rooms face Crescent Lake, Epcot or the Inn itself. From what I can see there might be one or two rooms above the ESPN Club that may have both a lake view and an Epcot view. Not having stayed in the Inn (only the Villas) I don't really know if there are actually rooms at that corner that have the desired view.

Good luck!
    ~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)

Hmmm maybe I need to call the front desk and ask if there are rooms like that. Tell me something else, if we get Lake View, are all of those above the night clubs? The 28, 25 and 24 year old might think that's cool, I like to be a part of the action, and can party with the best of them (maybe one night anyway - ha ha) but will I be awake all night by night club noise if we are lake view?

When we stayed in the Boardwalk Villas, we were Boardwalk (& Crescent Lake) view a couple floors above Big River Grille and Brewing Works and just down from Jellyrolls. The doors and walls seem to keep the noise at a minimum, at least in the Villas. We didn't have much of a problem, however it was January.

The Inn side of the Boardwalk houses the ESPN Club, Boardwalk Arcade, Boardwalk Bakery, Spoodles resturant, Seashore Sweets and The Flying Fish resturant. Of all of those, I would guess the only possible noise problem might be ESPN Club.

This might be another question to ask the BWI CM. Not officially, just in thier opinion.

If not, just join in!

~ Valerie
    *)
    ..*) .*)