Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Worst Resort Ever in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen i have no real complaints or that i WILL NEVER EVER GO ON VACATION WITH MY ENTIRE FAMILY AGAIN! they drove me nuts! It is the ...
    Deviant is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i have no real complaints or that i WILL NEVER EVER GO ON VACATION WITH MY ENTIRE FAMILY AGAIN! they drove me nuts!
    It is the most fun going in a small group when you don't get to go often. That way you can move quicker, see more, and do more of what you want. When you live in Orlando it isn't as big of a deal since I can do anything I want to do when I want to do it. When I would vacation here it was always a rush to go around and do everything multiple times. Now its a lot more laid back and I've done things I never would have spent my time doing while on vacation. I've really been able to slow down and take all of Animal Kingdom in.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Disney World Trivia, Walt Disney World or the Walt Disney Company.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I'm sure I'll get flamed for my comments, but here goes.

I've stayed at every WDW resort at least once, but most I have multiple stays. My choice for worst resort ever goes to Coronado Springs. I've given them three chances and I won't go back.

My first stay, we were in the worst room I've ever seen at WDW. The resort was barely a year old at the time. The wall paper/border was falling off the walls. The carpet had waves in it from the moisture. The bedspread was threadbare. Requested a different room and they said there were none available.

My next stay, the room looked better upon first entering. However, after we used the bathroom the toilet began leaking. We called maintenance and they said they would send someone within 15 minutes. One hour and 15 minutes later, someone from maintenance showed up and said he couldn't do anything about it until the next day (this was at 5 pm). DH said that wasn't good enough as the water was starting to leak onto the carpet in the room. Two hours later, DH was finally able to get us moved to another room.

For my third stay, I was at Coronado only because it was the host resort of the 999 Happy Haunts Ball. Since I was traveling alone, I specifically requested a ground floor room close to the convention center. This was due to the fact that it was a merchandise event and I would be carrying large bags and boxes back and forth to my room. Well, I was given a room on the top floor, away from the elevators in the farthest Casitas building. When I requested a different room - you guessed it - I was told there were none available.

I also do not like the fact that there is a 15% charge on the food in the Pepper Market. I am perfectly capable of refilling my own drinks (which I generally have to do there anyway) and don't care if I use flatware when I eat. Their preparation times are also longer than most other food courts and I don't think there is any difference in the food quality.

I have heard similar complaints from other people. My favorite, though, was from the person who was charged for a Water View room and they had a view of a water fountain!

I never recommend CS to anyone for these reasons and others.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Wow I really hope I'm one of those people who says they enjoyed their stay at Pop Century and not one who hated it. I've stayed at the Contemporary, the Polynesian and ASMo and I have to say I've not had a bad stay yet. That said, we had one thing happen at ASMo that irritated me so I'll share.

When we checked in we requested a fridge. The girl at the front desk told us what the charge was and that was fine with us but when we mentioned it was for our baby's bottles, she said they wouldn't charge for the fridge since it was an obvious need and not just a nice thing to have in the room. We also requested a crib (pack-n-play) for him obviously. We were told both would be delivered to our room within 15 minutes.

After getting settled in the room we went out for a walk around the property. We were gone for about 2 hours. When we arrived back at our room we planned to put our son down for a nap since he was sleepy but upon opening the door we saw no fridge and no crib. At this point it had been about 3 hours since we checked in so I called down to the front desk. The girl was very nice and apologetic and said she'd get both the fridge and the crib delivered ASAP.

After sitting around for a few minutes we decided to head down to the Food Court for some dinner. My son decided he didn't want the nap afterall... I think just because of all the stuff to see. Thankfully when we returned to our room an hour later the crib and fridge were there.

Of course after all this... upon check out we pulled out out room bill to see a charge for each day for the fridge. Now, as I had said before, I had no problem paying for the fridge but when the girl insisted on not charging us for it, I expected that end of the bargain to be held up. I called down to the front desk and they of course corrected the bill but it was just irritating to even have had to request it.

Other than that or stay at ASMo was great. This all comes down to not making promises that you aren't sure can be kept (i.e. delivered in 15 minutes for free). LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've honestly never had a BAD experience at Disney resort. I also feel compelled to stick up for Pop Century. I had a great stay there the last time I was down. It was small and 'value' but I thought everyone was very friendly and accomodating. Guess that was just my esperience!
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The only "bad" experience I had at a Disney resort was at Wilderness Lodge but the manager worked so hard to make it up I still think of it as one of my Favorites and truly some of the problems weren't their fault. When Amy and I got married in 2001 I reserved a consierge level room and requested it be overlooking the waterfall as it was our honeymoon. I also ordered a basket from the Disney Florist and the wedding his and hers mouse ears. Mind you I paid for all of this up front. Well when we arrived they had lost our reservation, they could not find it even with the confirmation I had which was completely strange, so anyway they found us a room, but no waterfall and no basket or ears so I went back to the desk and asked for the manager. who found us a nice room over the waterfall and then went scrounging (it was late by then and all the restaurants and what all were closed at the resort) she hit every vending machine, came up with some sparkling cider, fruit, and some other stuff and made a basket, not what I had ordered but just the fact that she went to that effort was special. She comped the room, basket, and our ears which arrived at our home a few days later. So even though it was a "bad" experience I still give the resort a thumbs up because of that manager, who I wrote a glowing letter about to her bosses.

Northernmouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I normally stay at the value resorts I can't justify the cost of the other resorts when we are at the parks all day. I have enjoyed the last couple of stays at Pop the only complaint I have is that it takes forever to check in and they always seen to ***** something up it took us 30 min to check in and all we wanted was an adjoining room with another couple which I had confirmed two weeks prior.
    1987 - June - Offsite, 1993 - August - Offsite Honeymoon, 1995 - September - All Star Music , 2001 - August - All Star Sports, 2004 - August - Offsite, 2005 - December - POP Century, 2007 - March - POP Century, December 2007 - POP, February 2008 - Disneyland www.northernmouse.com

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder

Angry management

all in all, POP century does have well-appointed rooms, nice outdoor decor, and a great value for the price.
    I feel that their biggest downfall, however, is their management.

In our very first stay, the "manager" acted unprofessionally and did not take care of the problem at hand.
    Then another "manager" was unable to help us find the luggage we had given to bell services and gave us no solution.

Where do these guys get their training???
    The Goofy Princess

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    Where do these guys get their training???
    Disney
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I stayed at Coronado Springs in 2005 and had no problems. The landscaping was beautiful. Had no problem with the room either. We are staying again in May. There must be something going on when we're there because the resort is sold out, which makes me a little nervous that it will be a zoo. I do agree that the 15% charge (I think it might have been 10% when I was last there) on food is crazy. We're on the DIning Plan this year though.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    funny how evryone has such different preferences. I personally love Coronado Springs and other people hate it. I guess its just luck of the draw.
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    But most of the complaints so far have been of Pop, Coronado, and Caribbean for the most part...

I guess the deluxe and vacation home resorts are on top of everything...
    The Goofy Princess

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    [quote=Chrissy&Tayen;447836]other than that.. i have no real complaints or that i WILL NEVER EVER GO ON VACATION WITH MY ENTIRE FAMILY AGAIN! they drove me nuts![/quote

I agree with you there, and if you go with friends that aren't as experienced with disney as you be prepared to either take the lead or be stuck with the consequences. We met friends there a few years ago and it was their second trip but they didn't know about half the attractions all they wanted to do was go from splash mountain to space mountain and not experience all the attracitions.
    Last edited by disneycrazy1956; 04-07-2007 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I enjoyed the Disney Movie resort, I thought it had a nice theme to it. Now I am scared because I am staying at Pop Century in May.............I hope I don't have any of the problems. I agree why would I pay big money for a hotel if all I am going to do is sleep there.

Amanda_Rich99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Istayed at pop century in 05 the only problems we had were wating in line for the buses, both at the resort and at the parks. other than that i was pleased
    DISNEY WORLD IN AUGUST 07

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Put my family down as one who had bad experiences at Coronado Springs.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast