Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Worst Resort Ever in the Vacation Planning forums; I love the Coronado Springs. The one thing to really keep in mind about it is that it's Disney's mid-level conference hotel and contains one of the biggest conference centers ...
    Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love the Coronado Springs.

The one thing to really keep in mind about it is that it's Disney's mid-level conference hotel and contains one of the biggest conference centers in central Florida. As such, it's almost impossible to stay there at a time when you're not going to be sharing the grounds with at least one (if not more!) major business customer of Disney's. It's not that the staff at the Springs don't value you, but there are people in upper management who will want them to put the bigger part of their energy to keeping major corporate accounts happy, so things can slip for other people.

I will admit that one night when my wife and I stayed at the Coronado Springs, we decided to go visit the little bar there. We had very, very poor service, primarily because the waitress was busy flirting with a group of men there for a business conference. Sure, they were likely to give her a much heftier tip than we were, but she was lucky to get a tip from us at all with the terrible service we recieved.

Other than that experience, the Springs were amazing. Very pretty landscaping. Awesome pool.

Even so, after staying at the Wilderness Lodge, I doubt I'll ever stay at another hotel that doesn't have the good feeling of that big central room. This September I will be going back and this time staying at the AKL. I can't wait! Nothing's as nice as coming back from a day at the parks, stopping by your room to change into more lounging attire, hitting the snack shop for a refillable mug full of whatever suits your fancy, then just hanging out in the lobby and soaking up the atmosphere.

The worst experience I've ever had at a Disney resort was the Caribbean Beach. Even then, it isn't because of the staff. It's just that the resort itself is a disaster. Too big. It's theming too stretched. Too poorly lit. I liked the little courtyards between the buildings, but the fact that the central office and the hotel's main building were on opposite sides of the resort made me wonder what was being smoked when they did the layout.

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    My bad one was at all star music. It was over valentines day week and we just had bad service. The room was in need of help and the bed was not so nice. We just did not get the same friendly service that we normally get at all the other resorts.

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Believe it or not..my worst was at the Saratoga Springs. My mom and I went down in May because I didn't want to go to my Senior Ball and it was my dad's idea to send us there...our room was far from everything, there were no silverware or dishes (actually, if I remember correctly it was all paper and plastic) the coffee maker was broken (imagine! A brand new hotel and the coffee maker didn't even work!) Plus when we would wait for the buses, they took FOREVER! And at the end of the night after we got from the parks...again...the busses took at least a half hour to come.

My other worst experience would have to be at the Coronado Springs but only because it rained so much and there is no way to get tou your room without being in the rain.

Kick Save is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    Believe it or not..my worst was at the Saratoga Springs. My mom and I went down in May because I didn't want to go to my Senior Ball and it was my dad's idea to send us there...our room was far from everything, there were no silverware or dishes (actually, if I remember correctly it was all paper and plastic)
    If you stayed in a studio, they only supply paper plates and plastic utensils. The 1 and 2 bedrooms get the full complement of dinnerware.

Our worst stay was at the Pop. We had an iffy stay there in '05, but it was a two night stay after a week at the Boardwalk, so we chalked it up to the "downgrade." So, we gave it another shot in the summer of '06, and had the same blah experience. We were there in Aug, stayed in one of the 50's buildings, and there was a distinct funk in the vending area of our building. It didn't go away any of the three days we were there. Check in went smooth, the food court was nice, the pools were a little warm, but still nice, and we had not complaints with the room. But, the odor and relative size and crowds involved at the Pop just aren't our cup of tea. Not to mention the parking...decide against using the bus and try to find a spot remotely close to your room after a day at the parks, darn near impossible.

Then again, we stayed at the Grosvenor one night that same trip...never again. We're admitted spoiled by the Disney resorts, so going to the Grosvenor and immediately getting the time-share pitch and then finding the room in rough shape and the pool in rougher shape, just not a good experience. I'd bump it over the Pop as worst stay.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Have only stayed at Movies and Coronado Springs. Both were great. Maybe I was just lucky!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed