Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Shades of Green in the Vacation Planning forums; I have a reservation for SOG in Dec. any tips or info about the resort greatly appreciated Thanks...
    flutter is offline Moderator

Shades of Green

I have a reservation for SOG in Dec. any tips or info about the resort greatly appreciated
    Thanks

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    SOG is a military resort, so unless you are in the service or work for the government, not many people have stayed there on this site. I work for the government myself and I have always stayed at other resorts. I do know that you are in walking distance from MK. But that you will have to walk over to there to catch the Monarail to Epcot or the Ticket Transportation Center. I have always liked the other resorts better. Sorry!
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Schmitty is offline A-Ticket holder
    Same with me. Civilian employee for the U.S. Navy, but I've never stayed at SOG.

A lot of the folks I work with have, and really enjoy it, but I find that I can stay at the value Disney Resorts CHEAPER than at Shades.

The only time we've ever "taken advantage" of Shades is the year that they did the total refurb, and were booking people into the Contemporary for the same price as Shades. Can you say a Tower room, water view, for $116 a night??? We did!

flutter is offline Moderator
    I know I can get a value resort for less than $89 a night that time of year but I thought I'd try a "Deluxe" resort for a change. I also know it is a military resort but thought there was someone on here that worked there, so was hoping I might be able to get some info. Thanks for the responses so far

jdvm is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was there just the other day and was extremely impressed. It's VERY pretty.
    John

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    My father is in the U.S. Navy and we stay at SOG. They recently renovated it in 2004 and it looks incredible! I love their resturants and they have 3 pools. Oh and #1EeyoreFan you do not walk to MK to catch the monorail they have certain buses that go to the parks.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    We stayed there before and really liked it. They had a great breakfast!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!