Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which would you choose?

Resorts & Accomodations Discuss POR---what do you think? in the Vacation Planning forums; My family will be heading down to disney in dec. and have decided on POR---should we request alligator bayou or magnolia bend? what are the main differences? We stayed in ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Talking POR---what do you think?

My family will be heading down to disney in dec. and have decided on POR---should we request alligator bayou or magnolia bend? what are the main differences? We stayed in the alligator bayou section back when it was still Dixie Landings, but i was so young i dont remember it much...should we just go with what they give us?

Thanks ahead of time!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Both parts are lovely, you really can't go wrong either way. Amenities are basically the same in both sides, but they differ greatly in theme and style. All buildings are exterior-hallway (no private balconies).

Magnolia Bend is more formal, like elegant plantation homes. The gardens are manicured, the rooms are decorated with furniture that looks more victorian or antique. The buildings are 2 and 3 stories tall and have elevators.

Alligator Bayou is more rustic. The buildings are 2 stories and do not have elevators. The landscaping is a little wilder, more 'overgrown' and natural, which can make some rooms darker. The furnishings are also more rustic looking, not quite log-cabin, but along those lines. Paths are winding, and it is very pleasant and relaxing. It can be a bit of a hike to get to the main buildings, so if you can request a building on the river edge you may have a shorter walk. Some of the Alligator Bayou rooms have trundle beds and can sleep 5 guests.

If your kids are younger, you and they may feel more comfortable in the Bayou side. I loved Magnolia Bend when I stayed with just adults, but I think my 4 yr old would find it a little 'stuffy.'

For more information on PO:R, check out http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_dxl.htm

Happy planning!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We like Allilgator Bayou. We find it is simply more relaxing and laid back.
    They call me "Nana"