Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss standard view at ASM in the Vacation Planning forums; We are staying at ALL Star Movies-May 19th to the 25th we got a standard view room do any of you know what section these rooms are in? We were ...
    firewife348 is offline A-Ticket holder

standard view at ASM

We are staying at ALL Star Movies-May 19th to the 25th we got a standard view room do any of you know what section these rooms are in? We were really hoping for a 101 Dalmations room.
    Thanks
    Stacey!

The 101 Dalmatians buildings are now considered Preferred Rooms (along with Fantasia and Toy Story). If you have a Standard View Room, most likely that means you will either be in the Love Bug or Mighty Ducks section facing a parking lot. Sorry.....

But ASMo's is one of my families favorite resorts!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    is paying the extra money worth the preferred rooms?? i booked a standard room last time because it saved us $70.. thats $70 bucks i can spend on mickey stuff....LOL
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I'd say that it depends on the amount of time you're gonna spend in your room, if you're gonna be there to sleep and shower only then probably not. But if you're gonna hang out in the room for breaks and things like that then the better view is probably worth it.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

nope there for 5 days and i have something planned every day but the first day.. and that day is resting day to recop for the all night drive!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I've never stayed at All Star Movies, but on my last trip we requested a water view at the Beach Club and I think it was definitely worth it. I loved looking outside across crescent lake at the Boardwalk, excellent views!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

were staying at ASM... last time we stayed at *** ( duh...LOL i put All Star Spots and i didnt realize it what it spelled out...LOL)and we were facing a parking lot on the 2nd floor i believe and i never kept my window open.. i dont like people peering in my room if i'm relaxing ....LOL
    Last edited by Chrissy&Tayen; 05-15-2007 at 08:49 AM.
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    is paying the extra money worth the preferred rooms?? i booked a standard room last time because it saved us $70.. thats $70 bucks i can spend on mickey stuff....LOL
    I think it just depends on your wants/needs. It used to be that only the Fantasia buildings were preferred at ASMo which didn't matter to us because we didn't want to be near the pool where people were making noise all hours of the day and night. My boys favorite building is Toy Story so up until recently we didn't have to pay extra to be placed there. Our last stay we were placed in the Mighty Ducks building and it was quite a haul from there to the Main Hall where the foodcourt and buses are. I have to say that from here on out when we stay there we will be paying the additional money to upgrade to the Toy Story buildings.