Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Port Orleans - French Quarter in the Vacation Planning forums; Well it's official, we've planned our next trip to Disney for July. My step-son is coming into town for 2 weeks and begged us to take him to Disney again. ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking Port Orleans - French Quarter

Well it's official, we've planned our next trip to Disney for July. My step-son is coming into town for 2 weeks and begged us to take him to Disney again. I was going to make reservations at a Value Resort but noticed when I went to make my reservations today that they had a Moderate Resort FL Resident special going for July. I decided to make reservations (for one of the busiest and hottest times of the year - kill me ) for Port Orleans - French Quarter. My mother absolutely loves that place and since I've never stated at a Moderate I figured I'd go with what she knows, especially since we have similar taste.

It'll be me, my husband, my 15 year old step-son and my now 14 month old son (he'll be 16 months for the trip I guess). The plan is to check in Saturday afternoon and spend the day at the resort, spend Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in the parks and then check-out and drive home on Wednesday.

So... who else has stayed there during a busy time? How was it? Got any tips to make it bearable during July (the resort, not the parks, I know they are simply unbearable then)?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    One of the things we love to do when staying at port orleans, either french quarter or riverside is to take the boat down the river to downtown disney. It is so much more relaxing on the boat than taking the bus. For the stepson, take a swim after you checkin and grab dinner at the food court better yet, we love wolfganf puck express or the earl of sandwich for a quick meal at downtown disney. Have fun! I wish we live just a few hours from the fun .
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.