Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Need help my fellow Disney Fans! Which Resort??? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone... It has been a while since I have stayed on WDW Property (1997 - CR). I have visited WDW staying off property but the magic is just not ...
    JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Smile Need help my fellow Disney Fans! Which Resort???

Hi Everyone...
    It has been a while since I have stayed on WDW Property (1997 - CR). I have visited WDW staying off property but the magic is just not the same. I have decided to take a trip with my Mom (just the two of us!) to WDW for 4or 5 days. We are on a somewhat limited buget for this trip. I am now 26 but when I used to go, I was spolied and always stayed in the Contemp, Poly, or Floridian. (as a kid, of course I never saw the bill.) As an adult now, I am flipping the bill. When we were looking around at hotels in WDW, so much has changed since we last stayed on the property. We were first looking at staying at one of the value resorts such as Pop, or the All Stars. For a little more money, we saw that we could stay at one of the moderate resorts such as carribbean beach, port orleans, or coronado springs. With these resorts, I dont know much about them.It appears that Carribbean Beach is so big and you have to take a bus everywhere. Coronado springs is similar and Port Orleans has like no restaraunts etc... I have read all of the reviews and forums here and it seems split. Now I ask all of you guys directly. My question to you is the following:

If wer were to stay at one of the moderate resorts, which one would be the best and why? Which one would make me feel like I was in WDW the most?

Do you think it would be worth it to spend the extra 300 bucks to upgrade and just say the heck with it and stay at the Contemp???

\I am just looking for some guidance to make it feel like the old times u know....

I await your expert guidance.

Sincerely,
    A very greatful Joe.
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I'd say go with coronado if you want a moderate. this is because it is usually quite (convention center) and it has some good restaurants (i've heard)
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

mkluvsmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    I stayed at Port Orleans-French Quarter a few weeks ago and was very impressed. There is only a food court in terms of dining but here is a sit-down restaurant at Riverside and you are only a boatride away from DTD. The grounds were very nice at POFQ and I found the riverfront setting to be very relaxing when not park-hopping.
    Michelle

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Just came back from Coronado Springs. It's the second time I've stayed there. The place was booked solid, but you would never have known. The resort is absolutely beatuful. Very big resort. Prepare to walk a lot. But the grounds are so nice, you won't mind. Bus service is good too. Food is ok. Great picture spots.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I stick to the All-Stars (maybe one day I'll spring for the Polynesian), but I have a friend who stays at Coronado Springs every single October. They love it!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    my pick would also be coronado.. i have never stayed there but if i had my chooses it woul dbe there..y hubby refuse to pay extra.. even if its just a lil.. he says were not there for the room or the view from the room
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    my vote is to Cornado..
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    Cornado for me to, it's a nice resort. Your going to Disney so you shouldnt be to afraid of walking anywhere. If you like the pool ask for a room close to the pool and then you can take a bus from the stop by your room.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My vote if Port Orleans Riverside. I love that resort and I enjoyed the food court (I'm easily impressed!). I didn't walk around a lot but it was beautiful and very, very peaceful.

I have heard good things about Coronado but I haven't stayed there but will for one night in November. I don't have any idea about it at all.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I've only visited Coronado Springs. It looks beautiful, but it's the furthest resort by bus, I'm told. I have friends who have stayed there, and didn't care for how far it was away from the parks.

We've stayed at the Caribbean Beach twice. I love the walk to the main resort center, and we've had great meals at the Captain's Table. It's nothing fancy, but we don't stay in the room a lot. There is a main pool, but there are also smaller pools to enjoy closer to your room.

I guess you have to decide how much time you plan to stay in your room and make your decision on that and your wallet. Good luck.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    My vote is for Port Orleans.

We have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside a few times and love the mansions there. The full service Restaurant, Boatwright's, has great food. The resort also has as a newly revamped food court.

We were at Port Orleans French Quarter once, I enjoyed thier theming a lot. It is an intimate resort and the walk to the pool/food court area is not too far from any part of the resort. Many people are discouraged by the absence of a full service restaurant, but unless you intend on eating at the resort, this shouldn't be a problem. They identify Boatwright's at Riverside as their full service restaurant. It is walkable. You can always take any bus to POR since the buses stop at POFQ before heading to POR.

If you do end up choosing Coronado Springs, remember that their food court tacks on an 18% tip to your order at the check out.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 05-24-2007 at 12:57 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe View Post

If you do end up choosing Coronado Springs, remember that their food court tacks on an 18% tip to your order at the check out.

Do they really? I didn't know this. Do you know the reason why or how they get away with it?

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Ok, I've stayed at the Coronado and I must say I really did enjoy it there. Very beautiful. Quiet. I think you'd like it
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Do they really? I didn't know this. Do you know the reason why or how they get away with it?
    Yes they do. I apologize, though, the gratuity tacked on at the Pepper Market Food Court is actually 10% .

I believe the justification they used at the time was that the food court area is operated by an outside company.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 05-25-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Have never found the CM's at the Pepper Market to be overly friendly. Though it was a little better my last time there 2 weeks ago.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast