Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Caribbean Beach Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; Tell me good things about Caribbean Beach Resort. Turns out after some changes to our vacation plans because of our being forced to move, reservations at Caribbean Beach were all ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Exclamation Caribbean Beach Resort

Tell me good things about Caribbean Beach Resort. Turns out after some changes to our vacation plans because of our being forced to move, reservations at Caribbean Beach were all I could get. We'll be there from June 20th-24th.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have only stayed there once and I was barely there long enough to enjoy it.
    The place is pretty big and the rooms are really nice.
    The food court was yummy, but ALWAYS seemed to be busy...

I hope you enjoy it!@!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

biskit11 is offline 1000th Happy Haunt
    This is our favorite resort, however it is very large. I think it is worth paying for the preferred room location if you can still add that at this point, this way you are close to Old Port Royale which has the food court, main pool, bar and shops. There is an internal bus to get to the stores etc. or you can walk if you don't mind walking alot. The preferred sections are Martinique or Trinidad North, they are either side of Old Port Royale. If you have you purchases from the parks sent back to the resort (which I highly recomend) they will send them to the store which is in Old Port Royale. We have in the past just requested a room in the Martinique section without paying the preferred rate, however they will not guarantee you will be in that section, but if they do put you there you won't have to pay the extra $. There is a pool in the center each one of the sections so even if you are a distance from the main section you will still be close to a pool. If you have a water view room you are even closer to the pool in that section. I find that the resort is very quite, we have never had any problems with noise. We have never been there in June so I don't know how crowded the food court is, but we have been there several different times of the year and have found that the morning is always busy, but off peak times of the day are better. CBR has their own buses, so you don't need to make stops at any other resorts. Either the Martinique or Jamaica sections are the first stops depending on the bus route. At park opening and closing buses can be crowded, but I'm sure that is the same with all resorts. We have never encountered any problems with CBR.

I hope you enjoy your trip!!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Caribbean Beach is an excellent resort. It's beautiful! The pool is awesome(Most sections have their own relaxation pools) Old Port Royale is so cute. It made me feel like I was actually in the Caribbean. The shop in there has almost everything. And their sit-down restaurant is excellent as well. I don't know the name of it, but it's good. The best part is there are hammocs on the beaches around the lake and at sundown, it's beautiful. There's a little reserve in the middle of the lake and the marina is soooooooo cool! =] Just remember to put on some walkin' shoes because you're gonna have to walk. Oh and their pizza delivery service is nice too. Our pizza was good. Hit the spot. It's a nice, quiet resort. If you like the beach, you'll LOVE Caribbean Beach.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Thanks for all the feedback Jenn and Elyse! I know when I made the reservations a preferred room location wasn't available but to be honest that's ok. I don't mind walking and we'll have the stroller for our little one. My husband and step-son can certainly use the exercise as can I so it's all good. Besides to be honest, I find it's usually quieter when not in a preferred room that is near the "hub" of it all and Lord knows with a 15 month old... quiet is good (cuz when he wakes up, mommy gets no rest LOL)!

We will be taking our own car to and from the resort so the bus really isn't a concern. Since you get to park for free when staying on property we've found it a lot easier to take our own car so we can work around our baby's schedule and not a bus's.

I have seen pictures of the Port Royale area and it does look so cute. I can't wait! I know we probably won't be spending much time at the resort on the days we're in the parks but that first day I'm hoping we can get our room early enough to spend some time wandering. Aaron (my baby) loves the beach so I fully intend to plop him down in the sand at some point and let him play whlie maybe mommy hangs in a hammock. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If you don't mind walking, I highly recommend staying in the Aruba section. You can walk to Old Port Royale from Aruba, you just walk through an island, which is lovely to walk through. Lots of trees and it's so pretty at night. There are usually all sorts of birds and turtles along the walk too. It's not a large distance to walk, but in my opinion it's the second best option to staying at Martinque or Trindad North. Plus it's pretty quiet in that area. Call the resort directly 3 days before you leave for your trip and request whichever section you decide you'd like to stay in, usually they'll make a note on your reservation and you'll be able to get the section you want when you check in!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis908 View Post
    If you don't mind walking, I highly recommend staying in the Aruba section. You can walk to Old Port Royale from Aruba, you just walk through an island, which is lovely to walk through. Lots of trees and it's so pretty at night. There are usually all sorts of birds and turtles along the walk too. It's not a large distance to walk, but in my opinion it's the second best option to staying at Martinque or Trindad North. Plus it's pretty quiet in that area. Call the resort directly 3 days before you leave for your trip and request whichever section you decide you'd like to stay in, usually they'll make a note on your reservation and you'll be able to get the section you want when you check in!
    Is Aruba considered one of the "preferred" buildings? If so we paid for a standard not preferred so I don't know that that'd work.

Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Is Aruba considered one of the "preferred" buildings? If so we paid for a standard not preferred so I don't know that that'd work.
    No Aruba is considered standard, as long as your room does not have a water view.

NikkiLovesWDW! is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'll be staying at CBR preferred location in about a month. I can't wait to stay at the resort. It looks beautiful!

EastonDenton is offline C-Ticket Holder
    THe CBR is very family friendly (in my opinion, anyway)! It is very festive and colorful as well. The main pool area is awesome as well.
    It's a good thing!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We've stayed at the Caribbean Beach twice, and only didn't make it a third time because they were doing some renovating. I love the little beach areas with hammocks and chairs. We never bothered to walk to the big pool since a smaller one was close to the room. The rooms are adequate. Aruba was one of the areas we stayed in. I don't recall the other. I love the walk to the food court early in the morning; it's quiet and gives you that beach feel to start the day. I believe the Captain's Table is the sit-down restaurant. We had awesome steak and seafood there. It's been a few years since we stayed at CBR, but hopefully all the things we enjoyed will also be there for you to enjoy. Have a great time.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I realize your trip is already completed, but I thought I'd jump in and answer this for anyone else who was curious.

At CBR, "preferred location" refers to the 6 buildings closest to Old Port Royale, the hub for the main pool, food court, Shutters (table-service restaurant), shops, arcade, water sports rentals, etc.

These 6 buildings are Martinique 24-25-26 and Trinidad North 31-32-33. Please note that Martinique also has 3 other buildings (21-22-23) that are NOT preferred location, while Trinidad North is the only village with only 3 buildings, and thus all 3 are preferred location.

Preferred location buys you having a room in one of those 6 closest buildings to OPR. But otherwise, there is nothing different about them from a standard room.

Each village has its own quiet pool, its own beach, and its own bus stop. So no need to request a certain village to be close to one of those things.

The other two possible upgrades at CBR (besides preferred location) are a water view room and a king-size bed room. Each of the 6 villages has water view rooms, and each of the 6 villages has some king-size bed rooms.

Each upgrade costs between $15-$26 extra per night, depending on the season. If you pay for an upgrade, you guarantee it, and this is the only way to guarantee it. The weird thing about Disney is that they won't let you pay for 2 or more upgrades simultaneously. For example, let's say you want a water view room with a king-size bed. You can't guarantee that. You have to choose whether the bed or the view is more important, choose that one, pay for it (thus guaranteeing it) and then request the other upgrade you want. Same with any other combinations -- you can't guarantee a king-size bed in a preferred location room, you can't guarantee a water view in a preferred location room, etc. These combinations exist, it's just that you can't pay for and guarantee them. I'm sure there are SOME water view rooms with king-size beds in preferred location buildings. The guests in those rooms got an extra large helping of pixie dust at check-in time!

IMHO, paying for a water view at any of Disney's Moderate resorts is a waste of money. One reason is that the water might be a view of a pool and not the "natural" (ha-ha ) body of water at the resort. But the main reason I believe it not to be worth it is that the buildings have exterior corridors. Your window and door open onto the exterior corridors. The exterior corridors are where everyne walks to get to and from their own rooms and the public areas. That means that in order to enjoy your view, you have to have your curtains wide open. And if your curtains are wide open, then everyone walking by has a great view of ... YOU!

CBR is a lovely place.
    -- Eric

williams is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Caribbean Beach Resort

I really love them. I have stayed there lots of time and always enjoyed. Resort location is truly stunning. The grounds, pools, lobby were all extremely great, and the staff was very gracious.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by williams; 02-03-2010 at 04:18 AM.

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I don know if this important to you but the resort is huge.

roilion94 is offline A-Ticket holder

If you have the Disney Dining Plan you can get quick service breakfasts in Old Port Royale. They serve all sorts of breakfast like pancakes, waffles, and french toast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast