Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss idea for new Disney Resort (Just a Thought) in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone.. Just sitting here searching the boards and stumbled across a thought... Call me crazy but I think this would be kind of cool but I could be the ...
    JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder

idea for new Disney Resort (Just a Thought)

Hey everyone..
    Just sitting here searching the boards and stumbled across a thought... Call me crazy but I think this would be kind of cool but I could be the minority so I let you decide...

Besides the theme parks, the Disney Resorts are one of the stars of the show. Each Resort has it's own unique personality and which makes them in this user's mind, some of the best places to stay. Since Disney is always building new resorts and hotels, how about this idea for the next one...

If anyone is a baseball fan, the ballpark at Arlington (Home of the Texas Rangers) was supposidly designed by taking small segments of other great baseball stadiums in America (Yankee Stadium, Tiger Stadium, Wrigly Field etc...) and putting them all together in a cohesive fashion to make a brand new stadium. Well, what about if Disney's next resort took the best of all the hotels or even just the most popular and put them together in one resort.

i.e. (A building from the floridian, a polynesian longhouse, a wing from the contemporary north/south, a mansion from PO Riverside etc... and placed them all together??? Just an idea... what do you guys think??? You could stay at all of your favorite hotels in one hotel?
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I think they should make the next hotel really exotic like egyptian (with a pyramid and spinx) or moroccan.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I think they should finish Pop Century before starting any new projects. I'm OC. I don't like anything left unfinished. It bothers me. A lot.
    They call me "Nana"

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I didn't really realize Pop Century wasn't at least progessing toward an end. Of course I would prefer that it be finished before anything else was started.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    I think they should finish Pop Century before starting any new projects. I'm OC. I don't like anything left unfinished. It bothers me. A lot.
    I have never really seen pop century in person or have stayed there. It isnt done??? What else would have to be done to complete it???
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I believe an Egyptian pyramid theme was on the original disneyworld plan many years ago, (I remember reading it somewhere)..., but it would be neat... I'd like to see what Disney could do with the theme, different from the Luxor in Vegas... besides the obvious (lack of girls and gambling)

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!